Cannot Start from Cold and Dark State

The world's most famous high performance general aviation aircraft
new reply
mattdee
Airman

Cannot Start from Cold and Dark State

Post by mattdee »

I'm obviously missing something, I for the life of me cannot start from a cold and dark state? I am doing everything by the book and still nothing?

cristi.neagu
Staff Sergeant

Re: Cannot Start from Cold and Dark State

Post by cristi.neagu »

Are you flooding the engine? Do you have any other faults? Check the maintenance hangar.

I would say flooding the engine is the easiest thing to get wrong. What i do in that case is cut the mixture and increase throttle. It will start eventually. Just remember to cut throttle and add mixture.

twsharp12
Staff Sergeant

Post by twsharp12 »

Scott said this in another thread:
Scott - A2A wrote:A little trick in aviation (that also works in Accu-Sim) is, when in doubt, flood the engine then open the throttle and crank. As the fuel burns off, when it gets just to the right spot, it will fire up.

Scott.

Orlaam
Senior Airman

Post by Orlaam »

I have found a sweet spot, even though I'm unsure it's truly accurate to most Bonanza real world counterparts.

I was flooding every time. So I saw someone suggest a slightly different method and I tried it. Basically set 50% throttle with fuel tank selected (left or right), full mixture and prop. Turn on battery and run fuel pump. It'll slowly climb then kinda accelerate to the green band. Once that acceleration to the green band happens I barely let it hit the green and I switch off the pump. Then leave the throttle at 50% and start the engine. It'll turn over a few times and start just as I've seen online real world videos. No over-cranking or wear and tear on the engine/battery. Once started, bring the throttle back to around 1000 RPM or just under for warm up and adjust mixture based on altitude.
Chris J.

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU | Windows & Pro 64 bit | FSX:SE

mattdee
Airman

Post by mattdee »

Chris J you have nailed it! Your suggestion worked first time thank you very much and thank you all for your responses it has been much appreciated.

Orlaam
Senior Airman

Post by Orlaam »

mattdee wrote:Chris J you have nailed it! Your suggestion worked first time thank you very much and thank you all for your responses it has been much appreciated.
Glad it worked! 8)
Chris J.

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU | Windows & Pro 64 bit | FSX:SE

new reply

Return to “Bonanza "V-Tail"”