The world's most famous high performance general aviation aircraft
new reply
et31
Airman

Saving

Post by et31 »

Hi all,

Loving the "V-Tail"

I am just curious as to what everyone normally does when it comes to saving and re-loading.

Normally after a flight I land, taxi to parking and shut down and attach tie-downs etc. The next time I start FSX I am back on the active runway or in one of the pre defined parking positions with no tie downs etc installed.

Is it fine to save the flight after you shut down and just load the saved flight so everything is as it was left?

Thanks

Greg
Windows 10 x64 | i7-6700K Skylake 4.2 GHz | 16GB DDR4 2133MHz | 750W PSU | GTX 970 4GB | Asus Z170 PRO Gaming Motherboard | H80i V2 CPU Cooler | Asus 23" Frameless Full HD Monitor | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD for OS & 2TB Seagate HDD for FSX

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Re: Saving

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hello Greg,

It is not necessary to save after every flight since the Beechcraft Bonanza V35B has a living aging system. Even if you are not flying it and your sim, is off the wear and tear is going on. That's one of the great features of Accu-Sim.
On the other question, unfortunately FSX is not saving certain parameters upon exit, that is why you find differences, bu as far as I remember the tie downs are not one of them.

Cheerz,
Vladimir
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

et31
Airman

Post by et31 »

LZ-WIL wrote:Hello Greg,

It is not necessary to save after every flight since the Beechcraft Bonanza V35B has a living aging system. Even if you are not flying it and your sim, is off the wear and tear is going on. That's one of the great features of Accu-Sim.
On the other question, unfortunately FSX is not saving certain parameters upon exit, that is why you find differences, bu as far as I remember the tie downs are not one of them.

Cheerz,
Vladimir
Thanks! Is it okay to save a flight and load this if I want - for example to keep my parking spot if I park in a hangar?

Kind regards

Greg
Windows 10 x64 | i7-6700K Skylake 4.2 GHz | 16GB DDR4 2133MHz | 750W PSU | GTX 970 4GB | Asus Z170 PRO Gaming Motherboard | H80i V2 CPU Cooler | Asus 23" Frameless Full HD Monitor | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD for OS & 2TB Seagate HDD for FSX

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

I have all my A2A aircraft saved in "my" parking spot at the home field for that aircraft, configured for overnight parking, depending upon the aircraft. I keep all my smaller A2A birds at Arlington Airport (KAWO), and the Connie at Boeing Field (KBFI). The file name would be "A2A [whatever] at KAWO." I might have my airplane at another of my favorite fields, such as "A2A [whatever] at KHAF." When generally flying about, and wanting to pick up where I left off, I might fly in to, say, Sedona, and park in a transient parking place. Then I save my flight using "A2A [whatever] on another adventure" Then I can go in and have a hunnert dollar hamburger, and go back out and continue my flight. The date and time for any given saved flight pick up using the date and time in your sim when you saved the flight. You have to click on the date and time update in the menu to get actual time, because current date and time is only set for the default scenario. If you have other than actual time you will want to use historical data for Active Sky if you are using that program.

I'm flying my Manfred Jahn C-47, in DC-3 Airways livery, on a series of flights in a rally known as SNAR 2018 http://bluegrassairlines.com/operations ... index.html. They give a complete set of flight files, which I have saved in a folder. Each flight has three separate files, as follows for flight 01: SNAR18-01(FSX).FLT. SNAR18-01(FSX).FSSAVE, and SNAR18-01(FSX).WX. I just flew flight 01 last night. Upon completion, I parked my C-47, said my goodbyes to Ernie the copilot and Nancy the stewardess, and saved my flight as "C-47 on another adventure." I found that flight in C:\Users\MyName\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Files, and copied it into my SNAR 2018-FSX Flights folder as SNAR18-02(FSX).fxml. I just loaded that flight, and my airplane came up configured exactly as I left it when I saved "C-47 on another adventure," but I'm sitting at the end of the runway instead of in the parking spot where I'd left the airplane at the end of Flight 01. I can live with that.

Note that since the Bonanza came out, I have been taking seriously A2A's admonition that we need to load a default P3D flight first, then loading our chosen A2A flight.

Now you know everything I know about saving flights, and the caffeine had completely drained from my system. Must get more coffee.

Seeya
ATB

et31
Airman

Post by et31 »

Paughco wrote:I have all my A2A aircraft saved in "my" parking spot at the home field for that aircraft, configured for overnight parking, depending upon the aircraft. I keep all my smaller A2A birds at Arlington Airport (KAWO), and the Connie at Boeing Field (KBFI). The file name would be "A2A [whatever] at KAWO." I might have my airplane at another of my favorite fields, such as "A2A [whatever] at KHAF." When generally flying about, and wanting to pick up where I left off, I might fly in to, say, Sedona, and park in a transient parking place. Then I save my flight using "A2A [whatever] on another adventure" Then I can go in and have a hunnert dollar hamburger, and go back out and continue my flight. The date and time for any given saved flight pick up using the date and time in your sim when you saved the flight. You have to click on the date and time update in the menu to get actual time, because current date and time is only set for the default scenario. If you have other than actual time you will want to use historical data for Active Sky if you are using that program.

I'm flying my Manfred Jahn C-47, in DC-3 Airways livery, on a series of flights in a rally known as SNAR 2018 http://bluegrassairlines.com/operations ... index.html. They give a complete set of flight files, which I have saved in a folder. Each flight has three separate files, as follows for flight 01: SNAR18-01(FSX).FLT. SNAR18-01(FSX).FSSAVE, and SNAR18-01(FSX).WX. I just flew flight 01 last night. Upon completion, I parked my C-47, said my goodbyes to Ernie the copilot and Nancy the stewardess, and saved my flight as "C-47 on another adventure." I found that flight in C:\Users\MyName\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Files, and copied it into my SNAR 2018-FSX Flights folder as SNAR18-02(FSX).fxml. I just loaded that flight, and my airplane came up configured exactly as I left it when I saved "C-47 on another adventure," but I'm sitting at the end of the runway instead of in the parking spot where I'd left the airplane at the end of Flight 01. I can live with that.

Note that since the Bonanza came out, I have been taking seriously A2A's admonition that we need to load a default P3D flight first, then loading our chosen A2A flight.

Now you know everything I know about saving flights, and the caffeine had completely drained from my system. Must get more coffee.

Seeya
ATB
Wow! Thanks for the very thorough reply!

I'd make you a coffee if I could :wink:

I'll start saving too!

new reply

Return to “Bonanza "V-Tail"”