Do you fly with the curtains?

The world's most famous high performance general aviation aircraft

YES - I've tried them and they're great!
33%
NO - I've tried them and removed them. I don't use them anymore.
51%
NO - I've never tried them and probably never will.
15%

Total votes: 72

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

Do you fly your Bonanza with the curtains or not? Curious minds want to know. What do you see as the advantages? The disadvantages?

Thank you
ATB

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Re: Do you fly with the curtains?

Post by Medtner »

I use them. It looks great, and it makes the cabin feel that much more like a comfy living room. Besides the work behind the modelling is so great that it would be a shame not to use them.

They do, however, take away some visibility, and I would have loved to be able to pull them back and forth a bit. They could be useful as a sunshade too, so some movement options would be great. Will never remove them, though. :-)
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

taildraggin68
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by taildraggin68 »

I do like them, and the animation and modeling is amazing. I would have to agree that at least the two front curtains be moveable for visibility in certain circumstances.

iflygary
Airman First Class

Post by iflygary »

I think they look really nice however, I do not fly with them because it restricts the visibility. I agree that if they were able to be pulled back it would be a great feature. But at this time I keep them in the hangar. 8)

ryanbatc
Staff Sergeant

Post by ryanbatc »

iflygary wrote:I think they look really nice however, I do not fly with them because it restricts the visibility. I agree that if they were able to be pulled back it would be a great feature. But at this time I keep them in the hangar. 8)
Agreed. However I specifically installed the airplane fabric that TD made because he did such an amazing job!

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Post by AviationAtWar »

I took them out for my last couple flights for better visibility, but I felt guilty doing it. Somebody worked hard on them...

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Post by CodyValkyrie »

TrackIR... So I'm looking around the cockpit quite a bit. They don't bother me, and I like their charm.
ImageImage
ImageImage

ratty
Technical Sergeant

Post by ratty »

TrackIR, and no, thank-you; I want to enjoy the great visibility this plane has.

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

I've tried them, but I find they block too much of my view. However, that's not to say I'll never use them again; just not so often. It would be great to have the option to put up just the back curtains, or be able to open the front ones a bit more, but the passenger front curtains are a bit of a nuisance in the circuit, when I'm trying to see where I am in relation to the runway. I have TrackIR, so I can look around the pilot's side curtains. Something to think about for a future update, perhaps?

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

Orlaam
Senior Airman

Post by Orlaam »

If they were in the back, I'd keep them. In the front they make it hard to see and t's hard enough sometimes to look left or right for runways and stuff.
Chris J.

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU | Windows & Pro 64 bit | FSX:SE

Tobus75
Senior Airman

Post by Tobus75 »

Orlaam wrote:If they were in the back, I'd keep them. In the front they make it hard to see and t's hard enough sometimes to look left or right for runways and stuff.
I second that. I'm a trackIR user and find that keeping eyes on the runway in a landing pattern is hindered by the curtains.
Why there would be curtains in the front I could only guess, but to me they get in the way, despite their top notch implementation.

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

I tried the curtains today, on a short flight from Idaho Falls to Jackson Hole, Wyoming. Gotta say, the curtains in N313W are pretty cool. I noticed that with the engine running and the cabin door not fully closed, the curtains on the right flapped in the slight breeze. Cool. I might just leave them in for a while.

Seeya
ATB

ilgrillo
Airman

Post by ilgrillo »

?
How can disable It?

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Ilgrillo.
If you wish to remove the curtains , goto the hangar , and move the mouse to the empty section under the curtain title and left click , curtains will be removed , to put them back just click on the curtains .
regards alan. 8)

maubrenta
Senior Airman

Post by maubrenta »

Without the curtains I'm not going... :D
Tip: With Chase Plane you can move your position a bit forward, so the curtains don't get in the way when side viewing.

new reply

Return to “Bonanza "V-Tail"”