Accusim features ported to other models?

The world's most famous high performance general aviation aircraft
new reply
Tobus75
Senior Airman

Accusim features ported to other models?

Post by Tobus75 »

Out of curiosity: with accusim functionalities growing in every crate you guys make, is there a plan for bringing those features to earlier accusim birds?

So for instance the gauges and rain stuff of the Bonanza to the Comanche/C182/C172/Cherokee. Or the CotS stuff of the Connie to the B377 (assuming this comes out for P3Dv4 eventually)?

EnDSchultz
Technical Sergeant

Re: Accusim features ported to other models?

Post by EnDSchultz »

Of course A2A want to apply new developments to the older birds as much as possible, but that depends on the feasibility and backwards compatibility of each feature. The P-51 got substantial updates to its stall characteristics, as well as its fuel delivery and prop sounds, for example.

I wouldn't get my hopes up for the gauges or the rain physics - my understanding is they were a lot of work and specifically tailored to the Bonanza. Therefore, you can't simply slap the new technology onto the old airplanes as it would pretty much require a full re-release of each one.

Generally speaking, I don't think you'll get any specific commitment from A2A about which new developments will be retroactively applied because it is sometimes difficult for even them to tell which items can be easily applied to older birds. Just know that they DO try to do this as much as they can, and it's always a treat when they do!

Tobus75
Senior Airman

Post by Tobus75 »

I got ya, question was specific on a "plan", not an actual project and delivery dates ;-)
Would be nice to have the rain effects and gauge deterioration in my 182, Cherokee and Comanche, but I can also fully understand the complexity, especially if they are custom made per type.

caribpilot
Staff Sergeant

Post by caribpilot »

Curious about this as well. I "fondly" remember flying solo one time in a C172 and encountering rain while landing. The C172 is quite a challenge to fly in heavy rain.
M.Carter
Private Pilot

Jocko Flocko
Airman

Post by Jocko Flocko »

The rain and lighting effects on the V35 are the best I've ever seen on any GA plane, they are absolutely incredible! The droplets of water being blown back across the wind screen in sync with the propeller "blow back" is *AMAZING*. I would love to see these features added to the rest of A2A's GA fleet, I would even gladly pay for it.

The quality of work that goes into these aircraft is so far above other GA plane developers that they are in a class by themselves, a bar set so high that it's quite difficult for me now to put down 40$ U.S. on other aircraft addons that are simply shiny models, nothing more.

new reply

Return to “Bonanza "V-Tail"”