Oil Change in P3DV4 with newest update

The world's most famous high performance general aviation aircraft
new reply
A-26Invader
Staff Sergeant

Oil Change in P3DV4 with newest update

Post by A-26Invader »

I have hit 24 hours and I have done an oil change. Before the oil change the color of oil on the dipstick was a darker gold. Upon performing the oil change which I have tried several different ways such as emptying the oil in the payload tab and selecting "Change" in the maintenance hangar, adding the additive and selecting "Ok". I then go perform a walk around and when checking the oil I now have a dirty brown color.
Also in the maintenance hangar I have clicked on the oil filter to replace it which there it is labeled "replace oil and filter". Upon doing this nothing has changed. Any ideas?
ImageImageImage

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: Oil Change in P3DV4 with newest update

Post by Scott - A2A »

I will check this out. But you should be able to change the color of the oil simply by removing oil then adding it. Is this working as expected?

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

This all tests OK on my system. I made the oil dirty and could slowly clean it by removing and adding oil. Then an oil filter change completely adds clean oil.
A2A Simulations Inc.

A-26Invader
Staff Sergeant

Post by A-26Invader »

I haven't flown the Bonanza since this discussion as I still couldn't figure out why the oil color did not change. At 25 hours I would think the oil would be a dark color (black at least) but I remember before I changed it the color was still gold. After I changed oil/filter the color was dark brown.

I will play with it again when I return home from Florida. Gotta make a T-28 fly again in the mean time.

Thanks for the reply Scott
ImageImageImage

Mazo
Technical Sergeant

Post by Mazo »

Only 15 hours on the engine and the oil is getting darker. Seems about right to me.

Lyn
[*]2021 Jetline Systems GTX, [email protected], EVGA RTX 3080ti 12GB, 64GB Memory 3200MHz, Win11 64 Pro, P3DV5.3, FS2020

In memory of my fallen Brothers in Arms in Viet Nam - may they Rest in Peace.

A-26Invader
Staff Sergeant

Post by A-26Invader »

Could be that I need to reinstall the Bo. I was watching a lot of people have issues on the first install and their issues were usually fixed on a second install. Maybe this is my answer.
ImageImageImage

new reply

Return to “Bonanza "V-Tail"”