Ferry Flight

The world's most famous high performance general aviation aircraft
new reply
awash2002
A2A ACE

Ferry Flight

Post by awash2002 »

I am about to ferry N35VM from Seattle WA to Calhoun GA and I would like some help planning the return trip I got leg 1 planned. But it's the legs after Boise that I will need help with

KSEA BLAKO V4 NICPE KBOI

CAPFlyer
A2A Aviation Consultant

Re: Ferry Flight

Post by CAPFlyer »

Where do you want to cross the Rockies? If you want to stay north, I would say Casper as your next leg.

KBOI AROWS V444 KINZE IDA V330 JUMKO KCPR

Cruise will need to be 11000 for the run to Jackson Hole (KJAC) and then pop up to 15000 to cross the Rockies and on into Casper. This also gives you the option to stop in Jackson Hole if the weather over the Togwotee Pass doesn't look great and you don't want to go IMC.

If you want to go south, I would head to Rock Springs (KRKS). This leg would keep you following V4 too.

KBOI ATETY V4 GRIPS KRKS

This route, you'd only need to go as high as 11000/11500 if you're on GPS, but would still require 13,000/13,500 if navigating via radios, and 17000 if IFR on radio only.

From either route, you can then continue into Nebraska (plenty of options there) before heading through Missouri, Tennessee, and into Georgia. I'll let others suggest those legs.

awash2002
A2A ACE

Re: Ferry Flight

Post by awash2002 »

I think I'll head to Rock Springs. I also got to go the Northern route as I got to go to Chicago Midway

new reply

Return to “Bonanza "V-Tail"”