Preflight is important

The world's most famous high performance general aviation aircraft
new reply
LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Preflight is important

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hello,

After installing the latest update for the "V-Tail" and downloading successfully the "no mipmap textures" (to ease my old FSX), I decided to give "the Bo" a test flight - Friday Harbour to Orcas Island and back (KFHR KORS KFHR). First leg was good, everything went smooth sim is working normally and looking good, flight was great. When I landed at Orcas Island, I decided to take a break, grab some dinner and then finish the trip.
I restarted the sim, loaded the flight at Orcas, saw the engine was still warm from my previous leg and hopped into the cockpit.
Completely comfortable, that I did the preflight inspection before the first leg and oblivious, that I have secured the plane after I landed, I fired the engine and headed for take off from runway 16 at Orcas Island.
Down the runway, I realized that something is not right, on check "Airspeed is alive", airspeed was everything else, but not alive. Sudden "WHY?!?" stroke my mind, is it the plane, is it me "WHAT is going on!". While doing mental checks and combing options, precious feet of the runway went behind me to the point, when I had to take off or mow the forest before me. It was a very intense short flight and I made it safely back at Friday Harbour.
I am impressed, I was able to fly and land this plane by feeling, having only 3 hours of sim time in it.

Cheerz,
Vladimir
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

Flieger-Marius
Technical Sergeant

Re: Preflight is important

Post by Flieger-Marius »

So you're not a doctor, huh? :P
Greets, Marius

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hahaha, that was a good one Marius! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Nope, I survived and the plane can be used again! 8)

Cheerz,
Vladimir
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

gunther
Airman Basic

Post by gunther »

Not very realistic ... that tag on the "remove before flight" item shouldn't be just hanging down :P

new reply

Return to “Bonanza "V-Tail"”