Blurry Graphics for the V=Tail!

The world's most famous high performance general aviation aircraft
new reply
LarryKEDN
Airman First Class

Blurry Graphics for the V=Tail!

Post by LarryKEDN »

First day user and finding the graphics "Not" HiDef. This is inside and outside. Side strips are low-def and the inside is really bad. Unable to read most of the guages. Tried restarting the sim.

In fact the entire AC inside and out is not hi-def and blurred. I am running two monitors at 3840x1080 resolution in P3dv4.2. I can switch to any other A2A plane and no problem.

Confused :? :? :?

Larry
Larry Hickerson / Enterprise, AL

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Blurry Graphics for the V=Tail!

Post by MarcE »

I thought I had set something up wrong but in comparison to the other airplanes (even the old military ones) it is really low res on my system.. :/ and in VR absolutely not readable.. 4096x4096 is set...

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Larry.
See link below , and see if that fixes the issue for you , if not , A2A are working on a fix for those who suffer from this issue.
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 39&t=65383
regards alan. 8)

LarryKEDN
Airman First Class

Post by LarryKEDN »

Thanks, it works, but I have always ran my graphics at "Ultra" (4096x4096) since I got this new computer. I find it hard to believe that my settings were dropped down to the lowest setting for this one single install. ???????

I do know that this last MS update has caused a lot of grief, by removing several settings throughOUT my system, P3D, and many addon sceneries. argh

I now can see the burl wood and the switches on the panel. If I didn't have "tooltips" on, I would not have been able to even start the thing. LOL

Thanks..............

You guys are the best.

cristi.neagu
Staff Sergeant

Post by cristi.neagu »

The only texture I have issues with are the rivets (screws? can't tell) around the main fuel tanks filler caps. The caps themselves and the writing just above them is fine, but those rivets are very low resolution.

LarryKEDN
Airman First Class

Post by LarryKEDN »

I do appreciate all the responses. I am using P3D4.2 on an Alienware Aurora R7 with i7-8700K @ 3.7 GHz (OC for more) and 6 cores with a GeForce GTX 1071Ti w/ 2432 CUDA Cores with dedicated memory of 8192 MB GDDR5 with 16289 MB shared system memory.

The install was simple and the new face of A2A Simulations is top notch. I am not thinking this was all or even some of my issues were A2A's. I simply could not understand going from my A2A Commanche to the Bonanza.

Since last week Windows updates, my operations with P3D 4.2 has been challenging. Just about every other day, I am resetting my controller setup for twin engine flying. I now have sensitivity issues with various Axis. I am attempting now to get a new control / graphics PROFILE.

Hopefully, with a little tweaking I will be fine.

Simicro
Senior Airman

Post by Simicro »

Hi,

Me too I have the same issue as the OP. I have a 2K 144Hz monitor. I'm on P3Dv4. See screenshots below where the labels are blurred or not very crisp/legible.

During the installation process I was asked if I wanted to download the No-mipmap textures pack (see screenshot below). As I am a "if you don't know what it is or think it's not useful, just say no" guy, I did not download. Should I? If so please give me a link. Also can someone explain the effect of no-mipmap textures in everyday's language (I'm not technical). Thanks.

P3Dv4.5 - V35B - C172 - Cherokee
i5 4670K @4.3 Ghz - 32 Gb DDR3 - GTX 1080 8 Gb - 2K @165 Hz G-Sync - Win 7 x64
Microsoft Force Feedback 2 modded with CH Fighterstick - VKB Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV Pedals

cristi.neagu
Staff Sergeant

Post by cristi.neagu »

I recommend you download that texture pack. I thought my panel was clear enough but decided to try them anyways. Huge improvement.
Mip mapping is the process of using different sizes of textures for objects based on distance from the viewer. So if you're looking at the object up close you want to use the largest texture possible for maximum detail. If the object is further away, you can't see all that detail anyway so a smaller texture is used to improve performance. Smaller textures have less detail and are more blurry as a result.

Simicro
Senior Airman

Post by Simicro »

Many thanks cristi for your Return on Experience and explanations. Crystal clear!
Microsoft Force Feedback 2 modded with CH Fighterstick - VKB Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV Pedals

Simicro
Senior Airman

Post by Simicro »

For guys who will be looking at the download link for the Bonanza No Mipmap Textures Pack:

https://a2asimulations.com/product-category/free/

Simicro
Senior Airman

Post by Simicro »

I'm continuing in this thread:

http://www.a2asimulations.com/forum/vie ... 39&t=65383

But shortly, the no mipmap textures pack worked!

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

Yeah, same here. the no mipmap file cured blurries in the cockpit.

Thank you, A2A!

Seeya
ATB

new reply

Return to “Bonanza "V-Tail"”