Got a used V35...share your story.

The world's most famous high performance general aviation aircraft
Kilstorm
Technical Sergeant

Got a used V35...share your story.

Post by Kilstorm »

How rare does a pilot/owner buy a brand new plane unless one is wealthy. So I decided with all the new Accusim gauge and MX features to right out of the gate create a used plane. Heck even in FSE the plane is used with 231 airframe and engine hours.

So my used plane is as follows
Airframe 4984.9
Engine 680.1

I tried out the Repair and Inspect features of a brand new plane to see all what that is about and once I made it Used it went back to: This plane has not been inspected which is great. Not sure how long after one inspects a plane it stays inspected before going to this plane has not been inspected. I will use the FSE 100hours to do my inspection where I am at 42 hours on that.

So have you picked a Used plane? If so what are your planes hours.
i9-13900K O/C | ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | 32GB DDR5 6000MHz Kingston FURY | RTX 4090 24GB | 2x SSD M.2 (2TB Samsung 990 PRO) 1x SSD (4TB Samsung 870 EVO) | Windows 11 Home | H20: HydroLux PRO:HardLine Tubing| 1000w PSU

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Re: Got a used V35...share your story.

Post by AviationAtWar »

I've always done new in the past but I plan to start with a used plane this time. I plan to fly it home from the purchase location with minimal maintenance and hope for an eventful flight on the way home.

Les Parson
Staff Sergeant

Post by Les Parson »

Kilstorm wrote:How rare does a pilot/owner buy a brand new plane unless one is wealthy. So I decided with all the new Accusim gauge and MX features to right out of the gate create a used plane. Heck even in FSE the plane is used with 231 airframe and engine hours.

So my used plane is as follows
Airframe 4984.9
Engine 680.1

I tried out the Repair and Inspect features of a brand new plane to see all what that is about and once I made it Used it went back to: This plane has not been inspected which is great. Not sure how long after one inspects a plane it stays inspected before going to this plane has not been inspected. I will use the FSE 100hours to do my inspection where I am at 42 hours on that.

So have you picked a Used plane? If so what are your planes hours.
Since you're an FSE guy like me, maybe you can encourage them to include an A2A V35 version for the Tip Tank option w/ max fuel of 120 GAL. FSE did provide an A2A PA24 Comanche TT 90 GAL version but it looks like this case may not be registering. I raised the issue on a post announcing the A2A V35 video, but it doesn't look like it's getting any traction. At present. FSE only supports 80 GAL. V35.

taildraggin68
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by taildraggin68 »

I haven't set my Bonanza up yet, but with all of the new goodies, I think I will have to go used as well. Once I get away from work today and get family things taken care of, I shall get the Bo from the hangar and see how she shakes out in the used setting.

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Post by AviationAtWar »

I went with used and was given a plane with over 4,000 hours and 700 on the engine. I have a few less than perfect gauges and some yellow engine related items. My test flight was uneventful, I have a couple hour flight planned for later tonight. Can't wait.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

AviationWar,

Yes, I think using the USED button has opened up a whole world of unknowns :)

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Alan_A
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Alan_A »

I typically start with a used GA aircraft - I like to live within what a realistic budget would be.

In the case of the Bonanza, once I pick it up (tomorrow, once I'm back off the road), I'll probably click used, give it a pre-purchase inspection (seems prudent, right?), insist on critical repairs (prudence, again), then go from there.

Looking forward to many happy hours of gauge tapping...
"Ah, Paula, they are firing at me!" -- Saint-Exupery

maubrenta
Senior Airman

Post by maubrenta »

Here is my used Bo:

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Post by AviationAtWar »

Well, I didn't wait for tonight and made my flight to my home airport and landed a few minutes ago. I got my surprise! As I dropped the flaps on final it started a hard roll to the left. I retracted the gear and flaps, climbed a bit to evaluate. I confirmed that the right flap was stuck fully down as I expected. I tried to cycle them again to see if it might come back to life, and my left flap got stuck just slightly extended. I'm SO disappointed that I didn't have GeForce Experience up to date and therefore didn't get any video of the landing. Except for almost forgetting to put the gear down I did great. It took about 3/4 stick to the right to hold it straight on approach.

When I did my first inspection this morning it did have a flap actuator that needed attention and I ignored it. Now both flaps are red and my left aileron actuator is yellow.

seaniam81
Technical Sergeant

Post by seaniam81 »

After finishing my check flights in the aircraft, I pulled the trigger and bought a used Bonanza for cheap.
It's got 4918 hours on the airframe and 533 hours on the IO-520.
Overall it was in fairly good condition. I had to replace some tires and a cylinder.
It's about to get put to work in my air hauler campaign, we'll see how it does. Maybe a swap to the bigger engine in it's future.

Darkwater
Airman Basic

Post by Darkwater »

After finding a great deal on a V35B with only 840 hours TT, I was cruising low, enroute from Juneau to Ketchikan.

I was on altitude hold with my new-to-me steed along the adf airway, and while tuning up the next adf station, mostly heads down, the aircraft pitched violently and suddenly nose up. I disengaged the autopilot, and attempted to add nose down trim, although it wouldn't budge, while holding forward elevator and pushing the power and propeller forward. I added a bit of rudder to get the nose to come down through the horizon, then I stabilized the airplane by reducing speed, and maintaining substantial nose down elevator.

I diverted off the airway, and shot the LDA approach into Petersburg Alaska after "calling flight service" to advise them of my situation and retrieve the latest weather. Landing was uneventful, although I elected to preform a long straight in approach simply to make things easier in a unfamiliar, broken, airplane.

A maintenance review indicated that the trim assembly was completely broken. Here I am in Petersburg for the day. Perhaps next time, I'll do that walk around.

DatDudeMIC
Senior Airman

Post by DatDudeMIC »

I just took my first flight from KJFK to KACK. Thinking to London and back. Might start that in a couple hours.

I took off from Kennedy and started climbing out and reached cruise at 6500. Soon as I reached cruise, my attitude indicator failed. I fixed it in mid-flight and keep on flying. When i reached short final at Nantucket, I realized that my flap indicator is not working. So I could tell if they were up or down because I was flying at night and I put her down kinda hard because of it. Im just glad I logged my 1st 1.5 in it and looking forward to many more in it.
Keep The Blue Side Up,

Micah H.

seaniam81
Technical Sergeant

Post by seaniam81 »

I find the breakers pop a lot. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. But ya they seem to pop way too much. Seems like I get 2 that pop every flight. New plane with zero hours or used.

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

I've always simulated buying an used airplane by clicking the used button and then repairing anything that is wrong with it, simulating a thorough maintenance on an airplane that is just purchased into the fleet. :)

-Esa

cristi.neagu
Staff Sergeant

Post by cristi.neagu »

I hate to break the immersion, but where is this "used" button?

Edit: Nevermind... i found it... For anyone else asking, it's in the Shift-3 menu (controls for lights, tie-downs, etc), middle bottom of the window. Took me a while to see it...
Last edited by cristi.neagu on 16 Sep 2018, 10:56, edited 1 time in total.

new reply

Return to “Bonanza "V-Tail"”