Got a used V35...share your story.

The world's most famous high performance general aviation aircraft
Caldemeyn
Master Sergeant

Re: Got a used V35...share your story.

Post by Caldemeyn »

Are overvolts simulated now ? Cuuuul ;) can you fry something ?

Emi
Airman

Post by Emi »

I also went for a used one but I coulnd't help myself and had to at least overhaul the engine :D
Right now only my Oil Temp and CHT gauges are overreading a bit, apart from that the plane is fine at about 4000h.
Best regards
Emanuel

mark070797
Airman Basic

Post by mark070797 »

I picked mine up cheap so the airframe has 5400hrs and 520 engine has 1200hrs. So far I’ve added 10hrs onto that and she hasn’t skipped a beat :D

I may have to refurbish my instruments though because my speed is reading 15kts under :wink:

carloschca
Airman Basic

Post by carloschca »

I did some aileron rolls, nothing heavy...doing something like 2G at entry, neutral, and rolling with 0 to 1 G. Finishing with 10 degrees nose down. Very smooth. My attitude indicator went nuts :lol:

dscott3984
Airman First Class

Post by dscott3984 »

My used Bonanza was inactive for many years as it only had 1850 hours TTIS and a ton of parts were in need of replacement and just as many on there way out soon.

Avionics were solid except that COM1 did not pass function checks so we decided to install a modern GPS in the GTN750 to bring the aircraft up to date. (We are still working out a bug where the AP will track an ILS but not an LPV approach from the 750)

When it came time to get the engine running again we found out it was not preserved correctly for storage and had severe internal corrosion which ate away at every bearing making the engine unairworthy. With everything else fixed on the airframe side, we found an IO-550 with 1300 hours SMOH and installed it in the worn out 520's place.

After all this, our 1800 hour low time barn find V tail is back flying again!

Chunk
Technical Sergeant

Post by Chunk »

Picked up a used Bo with 3679.1 airframe hours, and 1137.4 hours on the IO-520.

Completed a full inspection, and had to do the following:

Replaced the piston in cylinder #2.
Replaced the oil pump/changed the oil.
Replaced the old massive spark plugs with the fine wire variant.
Replaced the battery.
Replaced hinges on both flaps.
Replaced the oil pressure gauge.

She's worn-in, and has an airspeed indicator that reads a little fast, but she sure flies nice. I also treated her to a brand spankin' new GTN 650/750 avionics combo!

Thanks Scott, as well as the entire A2A team, for a truly magnificent simulation of the V-Tail; and of aircraft ownership (minus the true cost :wink: ).

FlappySlats
Airman Basic

Post by FlappySlats »

Haven't tried the Used button on an Accu-Sim plane yet, decided to give it a try on the Bonanza, got this:

Thought about trying to fly it as is, but since I'm just learning the plane I fixed the trim tabs, tires and engine issues but have been living with the gauges being off. Have been trying to take her out for an hour or so every night this week to get the hang of it, two flights later the flaps were going and had to fix those. (had noticed they were looser during walk around - didn't get a capture of the shop for that one)

Then yesterday (Friday) I was doing the run-up before takeoff and couldn't get the engine up to 1,700rpm, then it quit and wouldn't turn over. Go to the shop and see this:

So, IRL I'd be in lemon territory! :x :?

taildraggin68
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by taildraggin68 »

On a wing and a prayer.........I hope she holds up well

new reply

Return to “Bonanza "V-Tail"”