loading fuel via FSX dialog

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Zacke
Staff Sergeant

loading fuel via FSX dialog

Post by Zacke »

Hey guys,

is it possible to load fuel via the FSX standard dialog or does that conflict with the A2A internal routines? There are differing statements on the forum.

Background: I would like to use the fueling option within ground services x (GSX).

Thanks in advance,
Zacke

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: loading fuel via FSX dialog

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
No you cannot use the FSX fuel/load , as it will cause issues with weight/balance of the aircraft , to use the GSX it would be better to use the A2A fuel/load panel , and put that info into the GSX , the GSX was not made for the A2A L049 variant of the connie , and also the L049 depending on the airline that used it , had different passenger layouts than the A2A one.
regards alan. 8)

Zacke
Staff Sergeant

Post by Zacke »

Thanks for your fast reply.

The FSX fuel dialog absolutely matches the capacaties of the fuel tanks in the shift-4 menu. Are you sure this will not work? I can't figure that out in the moment because I'm in the air.

Could you give me some more detailled information?

Thanks,
Zacke

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
Scott of A2A will no doubt gave better and more detailed reasons why you cant use the FSX fuel/load , but although the Fuel Qty might match , i suspect the CG will be effected , and probably stop the A2A programing for the engineer from working correctly with regards to fuel transfer/ballance of tanks , and any fuel dump in emergencies might also be effected.
regards alan. 8)

Zacke
Staff Sergeant

Post by Zacke »

Hi.

Tried it and it seems to work without problems. The gsx fuel truck fills up the connie as it should be. No imbalances or anything like that. First outer thanks ("main tanks") then inner tanks ("aux tanks").

One can monitor the progress via the shift-4-menu. The figures are dancing a little bit but in the end everything's fine.

Regards,
Zacke

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
The connie was ment to be fuelled and loaded via shift+4 only , any other way might mess with the aircraft systems , that the engineer controls , and the accusim within the connie is coded outside of the sim , i never fly with full tanks these days , as most of my flights are only 2 to 3 hrs in flight time , only time i had full tanks , was when i first got the connie , to see what the max range was.
regards alan. 8)

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yes, you should only use our payload manager to correctly load fuel with our Accu-sim simulations.

Using the simple FSX version is not supported and can cause issues with the simulation.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Tech Support”