I'm sorry, what did you say?

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
maverick260
Airman

I'm sorry, what did you say?

Post by maverick260 »

Hello,

I've never thought something was wrong with my hearing however, while flying the constellation i always start to doubt that. You see, I always seem to miss the things said in the cockpit. I know something's been said, but whenever i'm looking something up like a vor frequency or something, someone says something and before i know what's going on, they're finished.

Since i'm apparently going partially deaf like both my parents already have, i'd appreciate it enormously if there could please be an option for a text to appear or something (maybe like the ATIS), or maybe a little button that says repeat last.

I sincerely hope this reaches you guys at A2A because it's not only embarrassing to hear the captain say something about an emergency when I land, it's also enormously difficult for me to keep focussing on the audio, just in case i missed something.

Sincerely,

Sander

PS: I'm wearing a very nice headset thats on a good volume volume and all the sound settings are at max
ImageImage

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: I'm sorry, what did you say?

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Sander,

Thanks for the post. I'll mention this to Scott - I'm sure it's something the guys would consider implementing and actually one-or-two other customers have made the same suggestion too. However, the current development workload is pretty high at present with various projects behind the scenes, so it's unlikely to happen in the immediate future.

Best regards,
Nick

maverick260
Airman

Post by maverick260 »

Nick - A2A wrote:Hello Sander,

Thanks for the post. I'll mention this to Scott - I'm sure it's something the guys would consider implementing and actually one-or-two other customers have made the same suggestion too. However, the current development workload is pretty high at present with various projects behind the scenes, so it's unlikely to happen in the immediate future.

Best regards,
Nick

Awesome thank you very much.
ImageImage

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

I wonder if we could make some sort of "cockpit recorder" that would always be recording the last say 15 seconds of audio over the intercom, and you could always just hit a button to play the last 15 seconds back. I'm not sure if this is technically feasible though - I will ask.

Adding text would be a huge project, as the sentences are constructed on the fly and pieced together, from close to 1000 sound files.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

A-26Invader
Staff Sergeant

Post by A-26Invader »

Scott - A2A wrote:I wonder if we could make some sort of "cockpit recorder" that would always be recording the last say 15 seconds of audio over the intercom, and you could always just hit a button to play the last 15 seconds back. I'm not sure if this is technically feasible though - I will ask.

Adding text would be a huge project, as the sentences are constructed on the fly and pieced together, from close to 1000 sound files.

Scott.
What about the last-call idea on the B-17? Something along the lines of that?
ImageImageImage

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

A-26Invader wrote:What about the last-call idea on the B-17? Something along the lines of that?
It would be 50+ times more labor to make that same system for the COTS system, because of all the long AI constructed sentences. This is why I was thinking the only way to realistically do this would be a recorder that actually monitored the last bits of audio (think of it like a funnel). This is not likely to happen unless we need to create this type of system for something in the future however, then use it for COTS. We are doing more sound system coding so you never know what comes of that.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Tech Support”