Aircraft will not initialise

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
davebelsey
Airman Basic

Aircraft will not initialise

Post by davebelsey »

I had been using the Constellation successfully for some time in P3D.

It has been a little while since I last flew it, and somewhere along the line it has become broken.

Now when I try to load the aircraft it only begins to load for about 2 seconds, then resets - this goes on ad infinitum. If I try to intervene by using the menus, it eventually crashes to the desktop.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the aircraft several times to no avail. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled GSX and even P3D v4.3 Client but still the problem remains.

A search of the forums does find a few posts which sound similar, but the only solution offered was to run the program as administrator - this already happens.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Dave.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Aircraft will not initialise

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Dave and welcome to the A2A forums. :)

A couple of things you could try. First of all, if you've edited your default scenario, try loading the original P3D default flight. In particular, it's recommended that you don't use a complex add-on aircraft for the default flight.

You could also try downloading the new P3D installer if you haven't already done this. You can tell if you're using the new installer because the Constellation will show version 18.3.30.0 on the Windows "apps & features" screen. More info on getting hold of the new P3Dv4 installer(s) can be found here here.

Finally, if neither of these steps help, you could try deleting the *log.dat files which record the Connie's persistent state. The easiest way to do this is to back up the folder "Documents\A2A\L049\FSX" and then simply delete it. (The 'FSX' folder is used for these files, even for P3D users like yourself.)

Thanks,
Nick

davebelsey
Airman Basic

Post by davebelsey »

Hi Nick,

Thank you for the welcome.

I had used the new installer and am running version 18.3.30.0, but I am glad to say that deleting the folder worked :D

Thank you very much for your assistance,

Dave.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You're very welcome Dave - glad to hear you're back in business.

It sounds like the *.dat file may have become corrupted. That folder also contains some back-ups of the *.dat file (with a *.bak1 suffix etc.) so it may be possible for you to rename one of these (by removing the .bak1 part) to restore the previous state of your aircraft/career. However, this is just an optional step.

All the best,
Nick

joedon58
Airman

Post by joedon58 »

After installing a new hard drive,P3D v4.3, and all my A2A acft. Every acft works except the Connie. All have log.dat files in the folder, but the LO49, the folder for it is empty...

When I select the Connie, it pops up then goes into a loop of trying reload. If I click on anything, the sim crashes. Frest download of acft. Does the same thing.. Should the log.dat files be there??
God bless the men and women who never made it home.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

are you running the installer and or P3D as admin (right click run as admin).

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Tech Support”