Connie Engines 2 and 3 No Start

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
omnijet
Airman First Class

Connie Engines 2 and 3 No Start

Post by omnijet »

Lately, when I try to start up the Connie, engines 2 and 3 crank but will not start no matter what method I use. Sometimes, the 2 and 3 mixture controls cut off uncommanded. :o :?:

omnijet
Airman First Class

Re: Connie Engines 2 and 3 No Start

Post by omnijet »

Again, I forgot about the maintenance hangar. Checked it and found engines 2 and 3 needed an overhaul. Runs fine now. :oops:

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Good to hear, happy flying in the virtual skies

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

trisho0
Technical Sergeant

Post by trisho0 »

omnijet wrote:Again, I forgot about the maintenance hangar. Checked it and found engines 2 and 3 needed an overhaul. Runs fine now. :oops:
Since I installed Connie in P3Dv4.3 trying to start cranking engine 4 and simply can't get running. Obviously I couldn't continue with the others engine. I know I am missing something but unknown. I tried manual and some video tutorials from youtube,com and no success yet. Where can I find a tutorial telling me the sequence actions to be taken prior flying the A2A L-049 Connie Constellation plane?

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
When i got the conni for FSX , i did some tutorials on control setup and start up of the engines , but i am not a professional pilot , but i do fly the conni on vatsim in full career mode , i did these tutorials after some on these forums where haveing a few problems , so i hope it helped them get to know this aircraft.
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... ch#p450391
regards alan. 8)

trisho0
Technical Sergeant

Post by trisho0 »

alan CXA651 wrote:Hi.
When i got the conni for FSX , i did some tutorials on control setup and start up of the engines , but i am not a professional pilot , but i do fly the conni on vatsim in full career mode , i did these tutorials after some on these forums where haveing a few problems , so i hope it helped them get to know this aircraft.
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... ch#p450391
regards alan. 8)
I found that link but it didn't help me to crank engines. Engine starts and then it stops. Also, found the procedures from that link were totally different than others video tutorial.
It has to be in somewhere a tutorial more simple, step by step to be success.

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi trisho0.
let the engineer set up the systems , when you feel you know the aircraft better , you might wish to do everything yourself.
below is the link to the conni video scott did , the engine 3 start up is at 5:20 to 6:28 into the video.
https://youtu.be/AS2Ckc8uyUo

in order scott does the start up is the same as in my video , sequence below if you wish to do it correctly.
1/. GPU----ON
2/. BOOST PUMPS----ON
3/. INERTIAL STARTER----ON WAIT TILL ITS FULLY RUNNING 10-15 SECONDS
4/. PRIMER----ON
5/. STARTER----ON
6/. COUNT SIX BLADES/SECONDS
7/. IGNITION----ON
8/. WHEN ENGINE FIRES UP PRIMER----OFF
9/. MIXTURE----ON AUTO RICH

Easy way just use auto start.
This aircraft is a study level aircraft , and is worth reading the manual and starting the engines the full way as opposed to auto start.
regards alan. 8)

trisho0
Technical Sergeant

Post by trisho0 »

How to "let the engineer set up the systems"?
After "Shift+3" found a way to select the GPU which the gauge from the Engineer panel showed 30V but no lights. I tried again by turning Battery On first and then the GPU. Boost pump 3 On, Initial stater 3 (waiting) and Primer 3 On with Starter 3 On. I switched Ignition 3 to On ......... didn't fire up to continue (I gave up). Am I missing something else?

After installed the original few weeks ago I applied the update A2A_Update_10_12_17.zip
Should I do such update? If not then I would have to do fresh installation from scratch. Any ideas on this as well?

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi trisho0.
shift + 3 live engineer at bottom has 3 links hit FE STATION this activates SUPER CHARGER / PRESSURIZATION and FE STATION links, wait till he states all systems are ready.
Does autostart link on shift + 3 , start the engines for you.
If you start the engines the correct way , did you check to see if the overhead ignition master was on before going through the start proceedure , this is the ganged switch just above the individual engine ingnitions for left/right/both/off selector switches.
I think you need to study the manual and mine and other peoples videos on the conni , this aircraft is not one you can just jump in and fly , without any knoledge of the systems , but once learned , she will reward you with hours of flying pleasure.
regards alan. 8)

trisho0
Technical Sergeant

Post by trisho0 »

Hi Alan,
Later I will try again and hit FE Stations and wait for words.
Connie starts completely dark and cold. I can see at cockpit overhead the ignition master all 4 switches are Off. I will check the ganged switch, not sure what or where it is.
Following your advice of course I will read manual again as usually I do. I will check again your video which I realized is wonderful tutorial but from some reason it didn't help me.
Many thanks
Patricio

Just tried again. After activating FE Stations the Connie locked all switches not allowing me to do changes. Only I can do is Inertial starter, primer and starter and engines won't start.

Going to videos tutorial again .......

trisho0
Technical Sergeant

Post by trisho0 »

Loaded Connie and all 4 engine running, don't know how. But, there is a flying tip message from the sim "Your engine is losing power because the mixture is not leaned correctly. To complete this action: CRTL + X". But the action is not taken. What to do?

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Tech Support”