L-049 P3Dv4.1 stutters

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
pcpiloot
Airman

Re: L-049 P3Dv4.1 stutters

Post by pcpiloot »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Hey Jacob,

can you please check Scotts replies here to help with one of our coders try to track down any issue or conflict you may have on your system;
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 8&start=30

thanks,
Lewis
Hi Lewis,

Took me some time to be able to test again....

1. When the pauses happen that are heard in the sound, does the entire airplane freeze including all gauges? Yes everything holds for a fraction of a second and than continues.
2. Do you have any other AccuSim airplanes, and if so, do they have these pauses on your system in P3D? No I don't have any other
3. This is a long shot, but try renaming the SOUND folder in your Constellation aircraft directory to something else, so you don't have any engine sounds I renamed the sound folder, restarted everything no change

Regards,

Jacob

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hey Jacob,

can you please reply to Scott in the other thread.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

pcpiloot
Airman

Post by pcpiloot »

Just installed P3Dv4.3.
Installed L-049

Same problem stutters every few seconds.
None of my other aircraft have this, only the A2A L-049.

A complete waste of money and time.
A2A is definitely of my list.
Never again I will buy another A2A product.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Jacob,

Apologies for the slow response to your last post and sorry that we haven't been able to help get to the bottom of this issue yet. It seems to affect a very small number of users and we haven't been able to reproduce it internally.

When you installed P3D v4.3 did you do a clean installation of the sim, and if so, did you try installing the Connie without other add-ons (e.g. FSUIPC) installed?

Also, did you download the new installer for the P3Dv4 Constellation as described here: https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewto ... 23&t=63788. The new installer doesn't include any specific fixes for this issue but it would still be a good place to start.

Thanks,
Nick

pcpiloot
Airman

Post by pcpiloot »

Just upgraded to P3Dv4.4.
Everything works fine EXEPT A2A L-049
I am not willing to try everything over again, so for me L-049 is really CRAP
The only thing that rests me to do is to is deinstall the Conny an continue to fly all the other (not A2A) aircraft that are doing well or is A2A willing to offer me another plane as a compensation?

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

pcpiloot,

Did you try the new installer as per Nick's post above?

BTW of course we would never stick a customer with a non-working copy of any of our software. If the Connie isn't working right for you, we will either give you another airplane of your choice or refund your money.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Pil
Airman

Post by Pil »

Hi , I was wondering if any solution to the stuttering issue has been found. I bought the Connie a few months ago and have not been able to fly it until yesterday. The stuttering and pauses with engine gauges jumping is happening frequently making it hard to fly. I am running P3D v4.4 I did notice that the hard drive light is constantly on. When flying other planes it blinks every 3-5 seconds. I am using Active sky for for P3Dv4 and Orbx ftx global with open LC north america. My system specs are i7 6700k cpu with 16 gigs of ram windows 10 64bit. I have P3D on a separate ssd drive and all a2a planes go to the default install location. I have also set exceptions to my antivirus as Nick has suggested.

Thank you for any help

Regards,

John Selman

some1 - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by some1 - A2A »

Hello,

it may be a long shot, but do you have autosave function enabled in FSUIPC or other addon that periodically saves P3D in the background?
Michael Krawczyk

Pil
Airman

Post by Pil »

Hi Michael, I do not have Fsuipc installed nor do I use any other software that does any sort of saving. I am slowly trying a few things to see if I am able to get to the root of the issue. If I need any more help I will let you know.

Thank you for your reply.

John

Gabe777
Staff Sergeant

Post by Gabe777 »

Scott - A2A wrote: 09 Dec 2018, 19:00 pcpiloot,

Did you try the new installer as per Nick's post above?

BTW of course we would never stick a customer with a non-working copy of any of our software. If the Connie isn't working right for you, we will either give you another airplane of your choice or refund your money.

Scott.
Crikey. Fair play mate.

If I spoke to devs on other sites like that, I'd be banned...... and would NOT collect 200 bucks.

(LOL...... I'm buying your Connie this weekend, to celebrate your announcement..... hope I don't get this issue, though my other A2As are just fine).
i7 7700k (4.5 GHz) / GTX 1080 8GB - Gigabyte Windforce OC 3X / 32GB DDR4 2400 Hz (CL15) / Samsung EVO 970 plus M.2 nvme (1TB) / BeQuiet 650W PSU 50amps 12v rail -- (with P3Dv4, AS + ASCA / REX Texture Direct)

pcpiloot
Airman

Post by pcpiloot »

Every update P3D I checked again the performance of the L-049.
Every update of Nvidia drivers I also checked it.
All the time the same stutters.
PMDG 737NGX and all other airplanes had no stutters.
Two weeks ago the motherboard of my PC crashed.

So time for a new PC
I7 9700 16GB
RTX 2070 8GB
1TB SSD.
W10 1903
P3Dv4.5

Installed the Connie straight forward accepting all the suggestions.
After two years of disappointing reinstallations I had not much hope ........................however,

NO STUTTERS anymore..... unbelievable !!!

Flying low over ORBX England magnificent.
Now I have to learn managing the Connie again, because in those two years I have forgotten most of it. :roll:

Grtz Jacob.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for posting the update Jacob.

Good to hear the issue isn't present on your new system. I'm afraid we haven't been successful in reproducing this one, but fortunately it only seems to affect a small proportion of customers.

Best regards,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Tech Support”