Idle creep

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
Artur
Staff Sergeant

Idle creep

Post by Artur »

Have noticed that Connie starts to creep as soon as first engine is started ( idle 1000rpm and parking brakes on ).
Is it a bug ?

Sim - P3D 3.4.22 / Connie - with latest update

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Idle creep

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
I have noticed this happens in FSX and does the same with the pmdg dc-6 , this cold be altered in the aircraft.cfg brakes section , but it might change the aircrafts braking after landing , A2A and PMDG may well have set the values they have , to reflect the brakes of the day on these old aircraft , so i just live with the problem.
Link below that may help understand aircraft.cfg files.
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j ... 4bdAEtTD7g
regards alan. 8)

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

Every airplane in FSX creeps. It's a feature! :)
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Artur
Staff Sergeant

Post by Artur »

Thanks Alan for that link, i can fiddle a bit with flight tuning to change horrible pitch stability :-)

One more question - is there any way to get rid of those airframe stress sounds ? ( cannot find those sound files )

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

hm, take a look at the engine temps. As the engine warms, the idle will raise. It should level out.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
Dont mess with the flight dynamics , A2A have it about right , instead adjust your controllers , as you might have too big a dead zone , the connie i believe had very sensative elevators , but harder on rudder and ailerons , which is how i have my controls set .
Only thing i messed with on a different link than i supplied is camera views to better suit me and my trackIR as i sometimes like to fly my aircraft from the p2 seat.
regards alan. 8)

Artur
Staff Sergeant

Post by Artur »

But that pitch instability drives me crazy and take away joy of hand fly and approach.

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

bobsk8
Technical Sergeant

Post by bobsk8 »

Artur wrote:But that pitch instability drives me crazy and take away joy of hand fly and approach.
I use FSUIPC to calibrate my controls and for elevator I use a slope of around +4. Feels like a real aircraft then.
MSFS 2020
ATC by PF3

Artur
Staff Sergeant

Post by Artur »

Thanks for advice but i do not use FSUIPC

maddz
Senior Airman

Post by maddz »

What controller are you useing?

Artur
Staff Sergeant

Post by Artur »

Logitech extreme 3D pro

I wouldn't blame my controller, B17 flies like a dream ...

mglan80
Airman

Post by mglan80 »

I'll raise this one from the dead. Never really saw a satisfactory answer in the above.

It's very pronounced when I have 3 and 4 turning as part of prep for passengers. By the time I'm loaded I'm probably about 15 degrees off from center!

Helps with the departure from the gate, but I'd prefer it didn't occur.

flapman
Staff Sergeant

Post by flapman »

It's much more pronounced in the L-49 compared to other payware and freeware aircraft.
My personal interpretation is that when the aircraft is cold and dark the hydraulic system is unpressurized (including the brake accumulator) so there is no pressure available to hold the parking brake despite the control being engaged. I don't believe we have the ability to place chocks on this aircraft, so when we start engines the airplane will turn as a result of the differential thrust. The turning will continue until the engine accessory hydro pump creates enough pressure to charge accumulators and apply parking brake pressure.

mglan80
Airman

Post by mglan80 »

flapman wrote:It's much more pronounced in the L-49 compared to other payware and freeware aircraft.
My personal interpretation is that when the aircraft is cold and dark the hydraulic system is unpressurized (including the brake accumulator) so there is no pressure available to hold the parking brake despite the control being engaged. I don't believe we have the ability to place chocks on this aircraft, so when we start engines the airplane will turn as a result of the differential thrust. The turning will continue until the engine accessory hydro pump creates enough pressure to charge accumulators and apply parking brake pressure.
That might be a little imaginative...

I'm fairly certain it's the torque of 3 and 4 turning, but thought the parking brake should handle that at idle. As someone said earlier, it's an FSX/P3D issue. Just wanted to see if there were any other thoughts. Chocks would be nice!

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Tech Support”