OrbX taxiways and the Connie..anyone else crashing?

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
sloppysmusic
Senior Airman

OrbX taxiways and the Connie..anyone else crashing?

Post by sloppysmusic »

NOT A2A's fault at all. I've just had my 3rd 'perfect' flight with applause etc ruined by some dang crashbox crashing me on a very slow careful return to terminal at an OrbX airport.
This today was KBVS. Runway 29 taxiway at far end (wide enough for bird to be safely using it..wheels far from grass at all times...speed 10 knots)
I managed to reload with an FSUIPC autoload which of course left me on short final with all engines broken, repairing them in flight meant an OK landing was the best I could do.
At least I didnt die or get jailed....

Have used these taxiways with many other aircraft from A2A with no problem I'm wondering if the wings or something dumb is being detected by the airstrip.
From now on I have to either disembark my passengers on the runway (no penalty I'm sure?)
or
Turn crash detection off after landing (nope not gonna happen...)

Just makes me want to ask an A2A 'spoke-bloke'...
With crash detection OFF can I damage the plane by just belly landing the plane or wandering off all over the scenery? NOT something I would do ever but want to make sure software outside
the company's control wont wreck another sublime flight!

Cheers for a great plane. Bargain at the price. There is no gripe I could make against it unless it were twice the price!

chadryan
Senior Airman

Re: OrbX taxiways and the Connie..anyone else crashing?

Post by chadryan »

Turning crash detection off in the sim does not effect accusim. I always have it off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sloppysmusic
Senior Airman

Post by sloppysmusic »

Thanks for that reassurance. I admit I have always been confused how AccuSim would detect say a very hard landing other than via descent speed when contacting the runway. Which I guess is actually a very good way of doing it. When I was a newbie in the early days with default planes only (shudders now!) when you could bounce 747's upside down without penalty I liked the penalty a CRASH would threaten you with. With my way more experienced simming of A2A and PMDG planes these days I may one day turn the detection off. My weakness is landing big planes in small places. So the challenge of say landing a 737-600 at Milford Sound would mean nothing with it off! I have too much respect for the Connie to land HER there!

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

crash detection off here as well :-)
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

sloppysmusic
Senior Airman

Post by sloppysmusic »

I'm almost ready to pull the trigger on crash detection after nearly 20 years of it. The only time I'd still want to use it is for my occasional challenge of landing on a short strip, where I need some penalty for failure other than the embarrassing sight of my plane passing cars on the highway..

If Accusim works entirely WITHOUT CD, then why is that an FSX CD 'hit' always ends up with severe damage needing to be repaired in the hanger? Would this same damage be there if a very hard landing was made? Or a run off into a ditch at the end of the runway? I've had aircraft stress damage off for years as Active Sky will destroy planes in seconds.

With CD off if I run out of fuel or lose an engine on final and clip the trees coming in is any damage recorded? Is there any collision detection in the sim that Acccusim can read and apply as damage or wear and tear on the plane? Surely collisions with other 'hard' objects will still be detected when CD is off except they dont trigger an actual crash? I understand engines and sytems abuse damage, and flap/gear over speed damage are detected and recorded by AccuSim, anything else using actual game physics regarding contact at all or high speed contact with buildings/planes and of course runways?

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
No matter what aircraft i fly , in FSX or earlier sims , my crash detection was turned off , due to invisable objects or buildings that reside in the sims , P3DV3 and 4 will suffer in the same way , also if like me you occasionally fly aircraft through hangars with open doors , then crash definately needs to be off , and A2A aircraft will still detect prop strikes and belly landings .
regards alan. 8)

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

I got the same thing taxiing around at Harvey Field (S43) by ORBX. Turned off crash detection. Flew for a while, all over the place, converted from P3Dv3 to v4, etc. One day I turned crash detection back on, and everything was fine. Not really sure what the problem was in the first place, or what made it go away. I noticed discussion of the crashes while taxiing on the ORBX forums a while back, so maybe they fixed it. OR, maybe it was some problem with "airport elevation corrections" in ORBX vector. I run the auto- elevation correction app whenever I change anything ORBX:

Try that. Hope it works!

Seeya
ATB

sloppysmusic
Senior Airman

Post by sloppysmusic »

Thanks Paughco for the reply. I'm pretty familiar with the AEC tool. It can make things worse with the plateau and elevated runways at times, I have to relegate it to bottom of order scenery wise with the fantastic Scenery Config Editor tool. I'm not turning CD off YET. Just being careful. eg I just flew from CYBD to PAKT in full IFR...more stress than fun! I know from experience you cant taxi anywhere on CYBD without crashing so I got Scotty to beam me up to the runway before loading passengers ( I didnt want to scare them with teleportation!)

Landing at PAKT I left CD on and sweated out the treacherous one-of-a kind descending ramp from runway to parking. Was fun. I'm going to leave CD on and unload passengers on runways if necessary.
I just like the danger involved with all those mountains and trees to avoid!

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Tech Support”