Connie in FSX keeps reloading

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
triflyman
Senior Airman

Connie in FSX keeps reloading

Post by triflyman »

Have not flown the Connie in FSX Acceleration for a couple of months. Went to start a flight and loaded up the Connie but it acts like it is reloading every second...the aircraft flashes and jumps and if I try to open a pop-up window they open than just close...also the Sim pauses during that reload of the Connie (I can tell it is pausing as the AI aircraft stop moving for just that second and than continue). Plus I found I had lost all my career history (luckily I keep backups). Since I installed P3D v4 a couple of months ago I had been flying the Connie in that SIM so went back to P3D v4 and the Connie worked perfectly.

Went back to FSX and tried the Strat, PA24-250 and the PMDG DC-6B...all worked normally. Also, I have the April updates installed.

Found in the forums about SimConnect issues but did the "test" and the default C-172 (plus all the other aircraft) all have gauges.

How do I fix?

Thanks,

WB_FlashOver
Technical Sergeant

Re: Connie in FSX keeps reloading

Post by WB_FlashOver »

I get this same behavior in the Connie (FSX) if I try to reload a saved flight. The plane is all messed up and it bounces and reloads every second or two. Your issue sounds like a different situation but the results sound the same. I have not tried saving and reloading a flight in P3D v4 yet. I presume it will give the same results as FSX.

Good Luck
Roger
-- Fly Well, Be Nice, Have Fun ! ! !

Z390 FTW | i9 9900K @ 5.2 | 32GB 3333 CL14 | 3080 Ti FE
970 Pro 512GB (OS)| 970 Evo 1TB | 850 Evo 500GBx2 Raid0
3TB HDD | Define S2 | EKWB Dual Loop

P51civ - T6 - P40 - B17 - B377 - L049 - Comanche - Spit - Bonanza

triflyman
Senior Airman

Post by triflyman »

I get the same result whether loading a saved flight or first loading my default flight and then just changing the aircraft. Have not tried loading a saved flight in P3D v4.

WB_FlashOver
Technical Sergeant

Post by WB_FlashOver »

Just confirming here, your default flight is with a stock aircraft? That is very important.

An interesting bug for me;
The only way I can load the Connie in FSX or P3D v4 is to load SIM with default flight of stock plane [mine is the Baron 58], change to Connie in main menu/scenario editor and spawn in. I cannot, in any way, change to the Connie once I have spawned. Not even by returning to main menu/scenario editor. The SIM will CTD right there as soon as I choose the Connie. This is only in the Connie and repainting her took many many many many game restarts :shock:

Roger
-- Fly Well, Be Nice, Have Fun ! ! !

Z390 FTW | i9 9900K @ 5.2 | 32GB 3333 CL14 | 3080 Ti FE
970 Pro 512GB (OS)| 970 Evo 1TB | 850 Evo 500GBx2 Raid0
3TB HDD | Define S2 | EKWB Dual Loop

P51civ - T6 - P40 - B17 - B377 - L049 - Comanche - Spit - Bonanza

triflyman
Senior Airman

Post by triflyman »

Yes, I start with the default FSX C172. In the past I was able to start the Connie either from a Saved Flight or loading after the default flight. Until my attempt at a new flight this afternoon, I had previously been able to start either way in both FSX & P3D v4.

Hope A2A has a solution...I miss flying the Connie.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

are you running the sim as admin by right clicking and selecting to run as administrator?

thanks
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

triflyman
Senior Airman

Post by triflyman »

When i set up the sim, I set it up to permanently "run as Administrator" However I have not tried starting it with "right click" and "Run as Administrator"...will try that when I get back to my computer on Monday.

Thanks.

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

I set up the shortcut to run as administrator and that should be fine. If it is running as admin all the profile data will be created under the admin account my documents folder.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

triflyman
Senior Airman

Post by triflyman »

Was able to get back to my computer just now. Checked, and both my FSX Shortcut and the fsx.exe were set to run as administrator. I then did as Lewis suggested and went to my fsx.exe, right clicked on it and choose to "Run as Administrator". Did not help...the Connie just kept restarting.

As I said before, I can load the Strat, PA24-250, the Default C172, the PMDG DC-6B and the C-47 V3.15 Beta normally without any re-start happening.

Let me know what you think I need to do now.

Thanks,

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

What is your default flight?

thanks,
Lewis

triflyman
Senior Airman

Post by triflyman »

The FSX default C172 at KEDW (Edwards AFB) on the active, daytime with Sim Paused and Parking Brake Set.

Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tug002 »

spkier wrote:Just a little info i had this my self if you go ahead and go into my documents delete fsx folder and a2a (deleting a2a will reset you're stats make backup)
and go to %appdata% find microsoft > FSX delete simobjects and everything else exept fsx.cfg and dll.xml and exe.xml and reinstall you're plane
this fixed the issue for me
I liked you detailed description on how planes fly. That sure helped me out a lot and answered some questions that I had always wondered about. :lol:

Keep smiling
Tug :)

triflyman
Senior Airman

Post by triflyman »

Finally solved. Ended up my L049.dll was corrupt (0 data). Replaced it with the new one from my re-download and everything fixed.

Just really disappointed that after several days I never received a reply from A2A when I answered Lewis's question.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Sorry for the delay triflyman, didn't you already try a reinstall though?

thanks,
Lewis

triflyman
Senior Airman

Post by triflyman »

No. I never do a reinstall without the developer telling me to do so...or in this case someone in the community who had previous similar experience. Even after spiker posted his advice, I waited several days waiting for you all to tell me to do something different or confirming his suggestion.

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Tech Support”