Sound Issue P3dV4

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
FalconCQ6
Airman Basic

Sound Issue P3dV4

Post by FalconCQ6 »

Evening guys,

Im having a small sound issue after upgrading to P3dV4. On loading the Connie the crew voices are so quiet they are barely readable even at maximum system volume. Strangely this is confined to the crew voices only as switch movements and engine sounds are playing at normal volume. This makes the crew impossible to hear over the sound of the engines. 

Unsure if this could be a Simconnect bug or a P3D issue as reinstalling the Connie has not rectified the problem.

Any troubleshooting advice would be very greatly appreciated.
Craig

Running P3dV4 (Pro)
Windows 10

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Sound Issue P3dV4

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
A reinstall is the last thing you should be doing , what is the volumn set to in your sim and the connie shift+3 window i have the volumn on connie shift+3 popup set to 100.
Also my setup is not the best , due to thin walls between me and my nieghbors , all sounds come through a headset , ideal setup would be crew / atc voices coming through headset the rest of the sounds through desktop speakers.
regards alan. 8)

FalconCQ6
Airman Basic

Post by FalconCQ6 »

Evening Alan
Thanks for the quick reply. Have found the problem, a new sound driver snuck in with latest windows update has completely broken my audio setup so I can now hear either crew or engine noise depending on what port my headset is plugged into. Would be ideal to run the engine output through a speaker setup however much like yourself I doubt the neighbours would appreciate it! Will PM Moderator to have this one removed as this issue was clearly my stupidity rather than a Connie problem.

Thanks again for the help,
Craig

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Craig,

no need to email anyone, glad you figured it out.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

bobsk8
Technical Sergeant

Post by bobsk8 »

alan CXA651 wrote:Hi.
A reinstall is the last thing you should be doing , what is the volumn set to in your sim and the connie shift+3 window i have the volumn on connie shift+3 popup set to 100.
Also my setup is not the best , due to thin walls between me and my nieghbors , all sounds come through a headset , ideal setup would be crew / atc voices coming through headset the rest of the sounds through desktop speakers.
regards alan. 8)
I see no volume in the Connie on shift 3, where is it?
MSFS 2020
ATC by PF3

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Bob.
My bad , i was misstaking it for some other A2A aircraft that have volumn control on shift +3.
regards alan. 8) :oops:

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Tech Support”