Stratocruiser functions may no longer work?

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
caribpilot
Staff Sergeant

Stratocruiser functions may no longer work?

Post by caribpilot »

Hi,

I recently encountered an odd issue with the L-049. This issue particularly occurs when starting up the engines. During the engine start up, the sim (FSX-SE) stutters and then I get a message stating that some stratocruiser functions may no longer work and that I should restart the sim. It seems like it may be a simconnect issue. This problem doesn't occur if I use the auto start feature, but it does occur again when applying takeoff power. During this occurrence there is quite a bit if stuttering in the sim and the error message states that there is a simconnect issue and the simulator is trying to reconnect. Has anyone else experienced this?
M.Carter
Private Pilot

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Stratocruiser functions may no longer work?

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
First off , i have not had any problems like you discribe , but FSX SE and FSX + acceleration are effectivly up to sp1 and 2 spec , so without further info from you i am guessing as to the probable cause.
In order for the A2A staff and community to help you fully we need to know your pc specs , and how high your sliders are in your sim , as it sounds like you are running out of memory or vas , but this is pure speculation without further info.
regards alan. 8)

caribpilot
Staff Sergeant

Post by caribpilot »

Thanks for the input. The odd thing is that it worked fine for a very long time. The issue only started to occur about 2 weeks ago.
M.Carter
Private Pilot

Gypsy Baron
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by Gypsy Baron »

That message is a result of the stutters I believe. Is it displayed on a green 'bar' at the top of the screen?

If so, that is probably a simconnect issue being detected.

A long time back when I was running XP Pro on an older system, if I reloaded an A2A aircraft more than once I would get that message and had to exit FSX and restart to continue.

When I upgraded my system and went to Win7 Pro x64 I can reload an A2A aircraft 6 or 8 times
before getting the message.

What has changed on your system since you last had no issues? Are you reloading the aircraft after initially loading it? Have you added new scenery areas or anything that would affect the aircraft loading process?

Paul

Last edited by Gypsy Baron on 01 Sep 2017, 23:01, edited 4 times in total.

Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tug002 »

Every once and a while I experience the same thing. I always restart the sim and after that everything is fine. I think that something has not loaded properly an the first attempt and that was what was causing the problem. I am using FSX Acceleration.

Keep smiling
Tug :)

caribpilot
Staff Sergeant

Post by caribpilot »

Yes the message shows up in a green bar at the top of the screen. I'll have to do some testing. I installed a few things within a time period where I didn't fly the Connie very much so it will be hard to figure out what the problem is.
M.Carter
Private Pilot

Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tug002 »

Mine shows up in a red bar. I have nothing but A2A aircraft and what comes with FSX acceleration installed. It has only happened with the 377 and the LO49. At a guess I would say about 2 or 3 times with each aircraft, but as I said it is always resolved with a fresh start. I have never had this happen with the B-17, 172, 250 or the P-51.

Keep smiling
Tug :)

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Double check you are loading correctly, not first load, deault flight using default aircraft. Sometimes multiple loads can cause the issue also as a platform/sim restart is needed to refresh the memory.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Tech Support”