Controller mixup using the input configurator P3Dv4

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
MatzeH84
Staff Sergeant

Controller mixup using the input configurator P3Dv4

Post by MatzeH84 »

With the Connie being my first A2A addon I transferred into P3Dv4 I ran into an interesting issue.
I flew her out of the box and configured everything via FSUIPC5 (registered), except for things like carb heat axis and axis for the AP elevator adjustment, which I setup via the A2A input configurator. This worked well, as I was always used to it from FSX.

Since I always had a slight lag when using TrackIR, I finally found the solution in switching the control input from Raw Input to Direct Input. This caused the lags to diappear.
The axis configured via FSUIPC also still work as intended, but the input configurator now seems messed up.

I use the Saitek Yoke plus one additional thottle quadrant (so 2 TQ's) and rudders for the main flight controls, trim and throttles. For GA flying I also have a GoFlight TPM module, which I use for the carb heat and AP trim function in the Connie.
In the configurator, I select now carb heat axis, GF TPM module, axis Y. The input on this axis is correctly displayed. Within P3D however it shows no reaction, but the function carb heat is now (additionally to the Throttle 2 axia configured via FSUIPC) on the Y axis of the Saitek Quadrant. So when moving the Throttle 2, it is also moving the Carb Heat lever.

Is there any chance to straighten this out somehow..?
Kind regards, Matthias

some1 - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Controller mixup using the input configurator P3Dv4

Post by some1 - A2A »

Switching to Direct Input in P3D probably reorders controllers in the same way they appear in FSX. After saving your assignments, try to copy axisConfig.cfg from Documents\A2A\FSX\L049 to Documents\A2A\P3D\L049
Michael Krawczyk

MatzeH84
Staff Sergeant

Post by MatzeH84 »

Will try that and report back. Many thanks in advance! :D
Kind regards, Matthias

MatzeH84
Staff Sergeant

Post by MatzeH84 »

Hey Michael,

that indeed does the trick- the joystick 'numbers' are now the same as in FSX, within the input configurator they are seen correctly, but applied wrong (wrong device number) in P3D while being correct in FSX.
Is there any chance to make the input configurator use the correct device numbers in P3D again, like a reset..?
Kind regards, Matthias

some1 - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by some1 - A2A »

What I mean:

1. setup your controls in the configurator
2. copy the config file from FSX to P3D directory
3. Forget about the configurator from this moment and run the simulator.
4. Every time you use the configurator to change the settings, then you'll have to copy the files like in step 2.

The problem is that P3D uses different numbering convention for the joysticks, depending on that raw/direct input setting. And currently we can't tell which setting is in use.
Michael Krawczyk

MatzeH84
Staff Sergeant

Post by MatzeH84 »

Got it.
Many thanks, after being in a support forum of someone who released a certain other propliner recently, it feels good to get kind, direct and helpful customer support. That's what I really like A2A for! :D
Kind regards, Matthias

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Tech Support”