Elevators sensitivity

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Artur
Staff Sergeant

Elevators sensitivity

Post by Artur »

Maybe it is just me but i found elevators too sensitive.
During manual flight even slight movement of yoke and i see that needle jumps up or down violently.
I think those old birds were not so sensitive, rather slow and heavy on flight controls...
That sensitivity issue makes Connie a bit difficult for landing - in my hands she is not a wheel greaser :-)

CAPFlyer
A2A Aviation Consultant

Re: Elevators sensitivity

Post by CAPFlyer »

I think the problem is your controls, not the plane. The L-049 is actually quite sensitive in pitch, but what you're describing sounds more like the control axis being oversensitive. As the L-049 has hydraulically boosted controls they aren't heavy to the crew and they are very responsive, but it shouldn't be making over exaggerated changes.

Make sure when you calibrate your controls that the surfaces aren't reaching full travel until your control reaches full travel. I suspect if you went outside on the ground you'd find that your elevators are moving to full travel with less than 1/2 of full deflection on your control device.

Artur
Staff Sergeant

Post by Artur »

I have Cessna Pro Yoke, and sensitivity set to 98% ( A2A recommends full sensitivity ).
I have no issues with other planes and other A2A products, only Connie is over-sensitive.
But that may be just my personal taste...

CAPFlyer
A2A Aviation Consultant

Post by CAPFlyer »

Again, please physically check that when you move the yoke, the elevators don't reach full travel until your yoke gets to full travel. This is a common issue with "over sensitivity" reported on A2A aircraft. It's not the "sensitivity" setting in FSX/P3D alone, it's also how your yoke is physically setup in its calibration tool.

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Tech Support”