career mode somehow turned off during online flight

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

career mode somehow turned off during online flight

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
Could someone at A2A explain HOW career mode turned of during a flight today , from KMIA to TNCM , on decent , less than 160nm from TNCM , while flying online in vatsim , real weather by ASN , using VPILOT , i was about to type a message in VPILOT to announce my position , cannot remember which key i touched , when i herd bettys voice announceing career mode off , i thought that was impossible to do once a flight had been started with it on.
regards alan. 8)

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: career mode somehow turned off during online flight

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Did you maybe hit "y" or whatever key triggers the slew mode on your system? Activating slew will definetly turn off the career mode! Also entering the fuel and payload manager or the hangar during flight will turn career mode off.
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: career mode somehow turned off during online flight

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
I cannot remember the key i hit , but i was about to type a message in vpilot , so even hitting y key would not put aircraft in slew mode , once in the message bar of vpilot , which is against my va rules once flight has begun , and would be registered in the flight recorder , and would negate my online flight , and also the aircraft did not show anysigns of being under the slew commands , and i did not enter fuel/payload or hangar manager during flight , i have in previous flights accidently hit shift+4 instead of the shift+5 , but never over rode the center bar , and that did not cause career mode to stop.
regards alan. 8)

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Tech Support”