mystry eng3 shutdown by engineer on landing

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

mystry eng3 shutdown by engineer on landing

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
I had a bit of a heavy landing at SCFA due to a scenery error by orbx global base /vector , i was 300ft above ground on short finals , when the gear suddenly started making noises , indicating a heavy landing , ground roll noise , and a gasp from the cabin , and the engineer shut down engine 3 , confirmed by glance over shoulder at engineers panel , showing mixture lever at cutoff position.
on final shutdown on stand , a look in the hangar showed all engines in excellent condition , so its a mystery as to why he shut the engine no3 down.
Can anyone at A2A give any reasons as to why or how this happened regarding engine no3 shutdown..
regards alan. 8)

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: mystry eng3 shutdown by engineer on landing

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Alan,

can you better expand on the scenery issue you mention?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Lewis.
At this airport SCFA the only scenery add ons i have are orbx global base and vector , i was coming in to land on rwy 01 , airport elevation is 407ft , the airport its self appeared at correct alt , but on short finals 300ft above the ground , which had mountains left and right , but just a small raise in the ground inbetween me and the runway , which was 300ft below me , it was then i herd two things simultainiously , a gasp of shock from the pax , and a noise from the undercarriage , that indicated i had landed , short of the runway , this noise quickly vanished , followed by the number 3 eng gauges indicating a shut down , confirmed by a glance at the engineers panel , showing mixture lever at cutoff postion , at this point i was still 250ft from the ground , and about 100yds from threashold , aircraft then landed normally , and i taxiied to stand , and shut the aircraft down , and emptied the aircraft , of pax/bags , it is then i checked the hangar and confirmed aircraft engines was showing excellent condition , as was the aircraft itself in a fit to fly condition , outside view showed no signs of damage .
the figures below show the stats recorded from my VA CXACARS , that tracks the flights online , as you can see it shows for me a very heavy landing rate of -364 , due to hitting the invisable terrain with my landing gear, as it records the first contact with the ground , what i cannot understand is why did the engineer shut a serviceable engine down , and for online flying i have the crash detection in the fsx turned off , due to things like invisable terrain/buildings.

CXA651 3/28/2017 SCEL SCFA L049/P C-CONG 03:29 640 Nm 6,425 Lbs -364 Ft/Min 40 0 Lbs VATSIM

regards alan. 8)

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

I wonder if the scenery had an issue that fooled the aircraft into thinking it was much closer to the ground than it was, causing some mix up and the end result being the engine shut down.

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Lewis.
Yes the terrain issue ment aircraft momentary landed in a bit heavier method than is normal for me , while still 250ft above ground on short finals, but scenery issue apart , why would the engineer shut down a serviceable engine , thats what is curious , as it should not have happened.
regards alan. 8)

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Lewis.
i did a flight today from KMIA to TNCM , no scenery issues on this flight , and weather was very little wind and vis of 10nm few clouds at 2000ft , aircraft had behaved flawlessly up to final approach into rwy 09 in FSX , about 100 yards from piano keys , engineer going crazy in the back with clicking switches , when the aircraft had a sudden loss of power from number 1 engine , swinging aircraft to the left , rapidly corrected for this , when the engine burst into life again , throwing the aircraft right , which i rapidly corrected for , and managed a normal touchdown , this sort of thing only used to happen in gusting winds prior to update .
What the engineer was doing back there is anyones guess , but this sudden temp loss of power from ANY engine , is becoming the norm , and you never know what engine is going to lose power next , and all my engines are in excellent conditon , with 092.2hrs on the clock .
Also i have checked my throttle settings in FSUIPC and in the CH manager , and my CH throttles are all working normally , no faults or glitches from the pots .
Weather by ASN downloaded every 15 min.
I hope you can recreate the problem your end , so you can start to find a fix for this annouying problem.
regards alan. 8)

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hey Alan, given your twitch record did you manage to catch that latest one on video?

thanks,
Lewis

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Lewis.
Sadly no , twitch was not running at the time , and i dont nornally have a view of the engineers panel during landing/takeoff , so no idea as to what he was doing at the time , but i know it happened on eng1 again today , during climbout from rwy 09 in fsx , at TNCM while turning away from the rocks just after i retarded throttles to 30 man props 23rpm gear/flaps retracted about 500ft and climbing at about 500fpm climb rate .
As a thought , could this be related in some way to the oil viscosity mod that was done on the update , and do we need to fly this aircraft a bit differently regarding engine usage .
regards alan. 8)

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Tech Support”