Crashes after last patch

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
_ME2_
Airman First Class

Crashes after last patch

Post by _ME2_ »

Hi there

Since I installed the latest AccuSim update, the Connie causes P3D (v3.4) to crash as soon as the flight is loaded.
I can just barely see the scenery build up and then everything freezes up and I have to quit the sim. This happens before I can do anything and I don't hear the crew's greetings.

Can anybody help me with that problem?

Further info: my other A2A planes (both Piper GA) still work flawlessly. I use Win 10 and appart from some Orbx Scenery there are no other add-ons installed.

Cheers, Mike
Cherockee 180 / Comanche 250 / Constellation L049

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Crashes after last patch

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
Others have already reported this type of problem , it would be helpfull to scott and team , if you had stated your system specs , so they can see if a trend is showing , that could lead them to a fix.
since the update mine has worked with most of reported faults fixed , i use win 7 and FSX+acelleration.
regards alan. 8)

_ME2_
Airman First Class

Post by _ME2_ »

hi alan

thanks for the info! i will post my system specs in detail as soon as i have a little time to spare.

cheers, Mike

_ME2_
Airman First Class

Post by _ME2_ »

My system is built as follows:

Intel Core i7 950, overclocked @ 3.87 GHz
Mainboard: Asus Rampage III Formula
Memory: 16 GB DDR3
GPU: AMD Radeon R9 390 (8GB DDR5)
Operating System: Windows 10
Simulator: Prepar3d v3.4
Addons: A2A Cherockee, Comanche, Connie, Orbx regions and airports, REX Softclouds.

If you need any further information, I'll be glad to help.

Is there a way to revert to the Connie Version before the patch without loosing my carreer?

Cheers, Mike

Edit: Radeon Crimson Driver Version 17.2.1 installed

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Hi Mike,

In order to reset the update you'll have to reinstall the Connie. This should however not affect your career. But to make sure got to:

Documents/A2A/P3D/L049

And backup all the files in there. Those are the files that clock your hours, state of the aircraft and your career. In case everything gets reset by the install just put the files back into above mentioned folder and the hours and career should be back where you left it.

Hope this helps

Happy flying
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

B-17 Flier
Technical Sergeant

Post by B-17 Flier »

Been watching the new patch problems. I always wait and watch the forums after any update of anything.

So I'm wondering if it's being worked on as I don't want to run the update till it's safe to do so.

Thanks.

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
Look at this post , and see if anything relates to your problem , tug now appears to have got is connie working with the update , since reinstalling FSX away from its default install of programe files(x86).
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 34&t=58912
regards alan. 8)

B-17 Flier
Technical Sergeant

Post by B-17 Flier »

The update, is it safe now?

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi B17flyer.
I think its always been safe , the fact that some are seeing crashes or black screens , might be permission issues , tug reinstalled is FSX away from the default install of program files(x86) and successfully got is connie working with the update , i have my FSX installed on my f disc , and only issue i have had , is i cannot use my dedicated autopilot pitch trim switch , through the A2A configurator , in the meantime i use the mouse to control autopilot pitch trim within the VC , using the rear aislestand switch or sperry pitch trim switch .
regards alan. 8)

_ME2_
Airman First Class

Post by _ME2_ »

Finally found the time to investigate the issue a little.

A hint, I found in another thread helpted me. Starting P3D as an administrator (right click on the .exe -> "Run as Administrator") solves the issue for me.

Definitely going to take the Connie for a ride this weekend :)

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Tech Support”