Fe Shut engine down

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Rarebear
Staff Sergeant

Fe Shut engine down

Post by Rarebear »

So this is weird.

No damage to engine eveything excellent. I will be on the ground taxiing or sitting and Fe will cut off fuel to number 3 engine used to be number two (then proceeds to try to restart the engine. I have to disable fe takeoff and the engage fe in order to keep the engine going. On approach? Went to idle (i know youre not supposed to so spare me the grief) FE shuts it down.

Any clue?

Jdw

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Fe Shut engine down

Post by Nick - A2A »

From the little time I've spent with the Connie JDW, I believe the virtual FE will shut off the fuel supply if the engine is flooded. Any chance you left the corresponding engine primer running?

Thanks,
Nick

Rarebear
Staff Sergeant

Post by Rarebear »

Hmmm I may have. Wont the FE turn of the primer though? Or is that above his paygrade? :lol: :lol:

Im gonna keep an eye on it tha ks for the tip.

JDW

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
Primer cannot be accidently left on , it is spring loaded to center off position.
But what might be happening , is if engine rpm is too low , plugs could foul or oil pressure to drop to low , and cause engine to shut down , and FE might try restarting it.
regards alan. 8)

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

alan CXA651 wrote:Primer cannot be accidently left on , it is spring loaded to center off position.
The primer switches aren't spring-loaded in my Connie installation Alan, and leaving either in the 'prime' position will certainly cause the symptoms described above, hence the suggestion. Not sure about the mechanics of the switch in the real thing though. Having spring-loaded primer switches would seem to make some sense.
Rarebear wrote:Wont the FE turn of the primer though? Or is that above his paygrade? :lol: :lol:
Even with the virtual FE active, looks like we still have full control over the primers, so no he won't. :)

Thanks,
Nick

CAPFlyer
A2A Aviation Consultant

Post by CAPFlyer »

In sim, the Primers are not spring loaded since most of us don't have multi-touch screens. :) So, they can be left on accidentally. This could cause flooding and result in the shutdown, as could fouled plugs. Unless you tell the FE to do the start (i.e. press "Autostart" in the Shift-2 panel), then you are in control of the starters, the primers, and the mixture levers during startup.

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
If you have primer switches/eng selector switches set through the A2A configurator , as i do , then during eng start , releaseing this switch , sets primer to nuetral center off position , it cannot be left accidently in the on position.
regards alan. 8)

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Tech Support”