Joystick Control for throttle not working.

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
gordonb
Airman

Joystick Control for throttle not working.

Post by gordonb »

Joystick: Saitek Cyborg Evo

Aircraft: Connie L049

Hi,

I ran the connie Input config program and selected my joystick for Throttles Left and Right and disabled the stearing wheel. But within FSX when i move my joystick throttle it only controls the first two left hand throttles (the right dont move).

I disabled the left and right throttles and went back into FSX, now it doesnt move the throttles at all. My other A2A aircraft (and other providers aircraft) the thottles work fine?

Am i being a complete biff and missing something obvious :roll:

Regards

Gordon
UK. :D
Gordon B
Royal Airforce Retired
UK
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, L-049&COTS

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Joystick Control for throttle not working.

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Gordon,

How many hardware throttles are you talking about? If it's just the one, then using the input configurator isn't really appropriate and you're better off using the standard FSX assignment, coupled with the shift 8 "engine selector" pop-up window.

There's a bit of discussion of how the throttle selector logic works in this thread. As regards your current unresponsive throttles, have you checked that you haven't deselected all the engines using the shift 8 window?

Cheers,
Nick

gordonb
Airman

Post by gordonb »

Nick M wrote:Hi Gordon,

How many hardware throttles are you talking about? If it's just the one, then using the input configurator isn't really appropriate and you're better off using the standard FSX assignment, coupled with the shift 8 "engine selector" pop-up window.

There's a bit of discussion of how the throttle selector logic works in this thread. As regards your current unresponsive throttles, have you checked that you haven't deselected all the engines using the shift 8 window?

Cheers,
Nick
Hi Nick,

Yes I have only one throttle on the joystick, I will check that the FSX assignment coupled with the shift 8 pop-up window is selected correctly...carnt do that until Tuesday next week as working until then.

Thanks for the tips and help anyhow.
Gordon B
Royal Airforce Retired
UK
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, L-049&COTS

gordonb
Airman

Post by gordonb »

Hi,

Ok i have checked the engine selectors within the cockpit, all are selected and still i can only control engines one and two. I have reinstalled the drivers and calibrated the joystic within windows and also the A2A controller...still the same issue http://a2asimulations.com/forum/posting ... 34&t=58983# :(
Gordon B
Royal Airforce Retired
UK

gordonb
Airman

Post by gordonb »

Here is a youtube video of the issue

https://youtu.be/NKHz0dtM-os
Gordon B
Royal Airforce Retired
UK

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Gordon,

Your post above doesn't really make it clear, but have you checked to see if your joystick throttle axis is assigned to the "throttles left" function in the upper section of the A2A input configurator?

Thanks,
Nick

gordonb
Airman

Post by gordonb »

Nick M wrote:Hello Gordon,

Your post above doesn't really make it clear, but have you checked to see if your joystick throttle axis is assigned to the "throttles left" function in the upper section of the A2A input configurator?

Thanks,
Nick
Hi Nick,

Yep, both left and right throttles assigned and they both work within the A2A input config program. The only one i havent assigned is the stearing wheel.

Regards.
Gordon B
Royal Airforce Retired
UK

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

gordonb wrote:Yep, both left and right throttles assigned and they both work within the A2A input config program. The only one i havent assigned is the stearing wheel.
That sounds like it could be the issue Gordon. As mentioned above, if you've only got one hardware throttle axis, the "throttles left" and "throttles right" axis functions aren't appropriate.

You'll need to use the button/key shortcuts in the input configurator instead (or the shift 8 panel) to control individual engines.

Cheers,
Nick

gordonb
Airman

Post by gordonb »

Nick M wrote:
gordonb wrote:Yep, both left and right throttles assigned and they both work within the A2A input config program. The only one i havent assigned is the stearing wheel.
That sounds like it could be the issue Gordon. As mentioned above, if you've only got one hardware throttle axis, the "throttles left" and "throttles right" axis functions aren't appropriate.

You'll need to use the button/key shortcuts in the input configurator instead (or the shift 8 panel) to control individual engines.

Cheers,
Nick
Hi Nick,

Yep that did the trick. Within A2A Input Config program I un-ticked the left and right throttle assignment and saved. Within FSX all four throttles now respond to the joystick single throttle. Thanks to all who helped with this little gem.
Gordon B
Royal Airforce Retired
UK

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Gordon - glad you're sorted and thanks for the update.

Nick

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Tech Support”