Fuel pressure indication bug?

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Hobart Escin

Fuel pressure indication bug?

Post by Hobart Escin »

Hello A2A people,

I've been extremely constellated :shock: lately, especially with the latest patch (loving it), but I noticed what may be a little bug in the fuel system post update 3-15-2017. I was having trouble starting engines today and made sure the boost pumps were on and that I had a normal fuel pressure indication for all four engines (check). Could not start after repeated attempts and then finally noticed the fuel tank cutoff levers at the engineer's panel were all set to off. Pushing them to the on position quickly solved my start problems (yay), but I shouldn't really have any fuel pressure indication with those levers in the off position should I? I might be misconfused about the fuel system intricacies, but I'm nevertheless submitting this as a possible bug for your consideration.

Also, did I mention I love the new patch??? Oil viscosity modeling is just Accusim goodness I couldn't live without. Now my life is complete. :wink:

Thank you.

SISU
Airman Basic

Re: Fuel pressure indication bug?

Post by SISU »

I think that this depends on where the fuel pressure sensors in the L-049 are located at. When they are located within the fuel lines to the engines and before the shut-off valves, you would read a positive fuel pressure even when the valves are closed. But when they are located somewhere near the engines and behind the shut-off valves, then there shouldn't be any pressure readings.
Matthew

CONNIE CAPTAIN

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Tech Support”