FSX not responding since update

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

FSX not responding since update

Post by Tug002 »

Here is the problem, since I updated the Connie it causes FSX to not respond when I load the aircraft. I start with a regular FSX aircraft then chose the Connie and then get a black screen. The only way to get rid of it is to start task manager and cancel the program. It tells me program not responding. All of my other A2A aircraft work as intended P-51,B-17,172, Comanche and the Boeing 377. I tried sim connect and re doing the update to no avail.
My OS is windows Vista using FSX Gold Edition with Acceleration.
All help would be appreciated.

Keep smiling
Tug :)

bmbrzmn101
Staff Sergeant

Re: FSX not responding since update

Post by bmbrzmn101 »

Same problem, but windows 7 and FSX Acceleration boxed version

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The voices in your head will quieten down when you begin listening to them!

Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tug002 »

bmbrzmn101 wrote:Same problem, but windows 7 and FSX Acceleration boxed version

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have the boxed version too. I really don't think that there is much difference between vista and windows 7 but I am no tec. I am hoping that there is a fix as I really enjoy the Connie. I am currently running some scans on my computer to see if I can find a problem with my system. I have also checked the Connie file and all seems to be in order compared to the other A2A files. If I figure anything out I will post it for you.

Keep smiling

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Tug.
i have not had that happen to me , i have fsx :acceleration boxed , and win 7.
Have you got an anti virus program running while you installed the update , as thats the only difference i can think off , also try fireing up fsx and selting connie , i find no probs doing that infact the connie stands a better chance of correct initalization.
regards alan. 8)

Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tug002 »

alan CXA651 wrote:Hi Tug.
i have not had that happen to me , i have fsx :acceleration boxed , and win 7.
Have you got an anti virus program running while you installed the update , as thats the only difference i can think off , also try fireing up fsx and selting connie , i find no probs doing that infact the connie stands a better chance of correct initalization.
regards alan. 8)
I am going to do a new update after deleting the update file in the connie folder and do as you sugested and shut off my anti virus program during the install as I have had similar problems like this with it on. Thank you for reminding me about the anti virus.

Keep smiling

Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tug002 »

Just did some testing of my own and could not get the connie to work so I did a fresh install of the aircraft and tested it without the update and it worked fine. I then did the update without my anti virus software on and tried it again and had the same thing happen. Frozen with a black screen. I had saved my uninstalled connie in a folder and did another fresh install of the connie without the update and it started to work again. I then compared the folders of the problem aircraft with the working aircraft and found a model.P3D folder in the WoS_L049 folder which must have been placed there during the update. I am going to do the update on the now working Connie then delete the P3D folder and see if that fixes the problem.

Keep smiling

Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tug002 »

Well I did the update a removed the P3D folder as I said and it went back to freeze and black screen. On the up side I reinstalled the Connie and am able to fly without the update. I will wait for someone else to figure this one out as I am no computer wiz :lol:

Keep smiling

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Tug
I have looked in my connie files and have a p3d model in there , along with the fsx model, but the aircraft.cfg is not calling up the p3d version , which should be identical anyway , its just licenses that are different as far as i am aware , and the sim itself , so i cannot see that will be the problem .
regards alan. 8)

Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tug002 »

alan CXA651 wrote:Hi Tug
I have looked in my connie files and have a p3d model in there , along with the fsx model, but the aircraft.cfg is not calling up the p3d version , which should be identical anyway , its just licenses that are different as far as i am aware , and the sim itself , so i cannot see that will be the problem .
regards alan. 8)
I just loaded my FSX on my windows 10 laptop to see what problems arise for me if any. May be time for an upgrade to windows 10 if I find no problems. I currently have a good mother board and a 4.5 gig processor and a G Force GTX 770 vid card here collecting dust so I may just use them. I just was not sure about using windows 10 for FSX as the hard drive with my current operating system I don't think will be compatible with the hardware that I have.

Keep smiling

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Tug.
I use win 7 , not even considering win 10 as yet.
regards alan. 8)

Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tug002 »

alan CXA651 wrote:Hi Tug.
I use win 7 , not even considering win 10 as yet.
regards alan. 8)
Windows 10 with FSX still a work in progress. Had it working but would not verify the acceleration pack after install. I had this problem with vista and I think I can fix it but I had to uninstall FSX from windows 10 and have had enough for one day. I will let you know if I get it fixed and if it works. I know that other people have had success so I will keep trying. Still hoping for a fix for the Connie update for my desktop, untill then I will just fly without it.

Keep smiling

Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tug002 »

Got so mad this morning that I completely wiped off the hard drive everything that had to do with FSX. :evil: I am doing a fresh install of the program as I think that something was missing in the program which was causing the problems with the update and the freezing. Will soon see if that was the problem but will take some time to reload everything. :roll:

Keep smiling

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hey Tug,

just a heads up we have read this thread and are looking into it. Let us know how you get on with your own reinstall.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Tug,

In the meantime, just install the original Connie program and hold off on the update.

However, if you want to try something, backup your original models, then run the update, then replace the new models with the old ones and see if this fixes the update. If so, at least this will tell us where the issue is on your system.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tug002 »

Hey there Lewis and Scott. Thank you for the reply. I will keep this post updated on my progress. So far I have done a fresh install of FSX Acceleration and things have been going smooth so far. Next step I am on right now is to configure my Saitex X52 Pro stick and then install the A2A aircraft. I did keep my dat.bak files for my aircraft and will replace them after the proper update on the aircraft.

Keep smiling

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Tech Support”