No functionality behind "Auto-Start"?

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
GerdD
Airman

Re: No functionality behind "Auto-Start"?

Post by GerdD »

Piper_EEWL wrote:Man that's a hard one!? Do you have any other A2A addons installed? If so do they work correctly?

I'm beginning to think your install might be corrupted. You're running the simulator as admin and the installation was also done as admin?

Are you running any other Addons? Maybe it's a control conflict with something else?
No other A2A addons. In my testings have also not loaded any other Software defined in fsx.cfg
to not interfer. everything was done as admin. I don´t want to stress you. Have already tested out
myself what came in my mind. My whole installation may be similar to other ones:
W7Pro 64bit, FSX with Acceleration pack, Precision flight control yokee, goflight tq6 throttle.

Running sceneries like FS Global, Ultimate Terrain, UTx traffic.
Aircrafts PMDG, Level-D.
FSUIPC. (not configured for controls)
Everything works fine without any Problems.

GerdD
Airman

Post by GerdD »

LostSoul wrote:I'm definitely out of ideas as here all works normally on 4 installs in total (2 x FSX, 2 x P3D) on two different machines. Just as a remark: never use s saved situation for such tests. Just select the A/C and Airport from the GUI. Maybe you could post a screenshot just after a fresh loading of the Connie, with the SHIFT-F2, -F3 and -F4 panels enabled?
Have no publicity possibilities for screenshot.
How can I do this anyway and is there a size-limit?
Can´t find answers in FAQ.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

GerdD wrote:Have no publicity possibilities for screenshot.
Hello Gerd,

There are some tips of posting screenshot here. As with most forums, you have to host them on an image/file sharing site and post links.

I wonder if you problem is related to SimConnect? You could try a reinstall of the SimConnect client as described below:
Lewis - A2A wrote:- Run the Microsoft DirectX installer here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/downloa ... x?id=34429
- Run the Microsoft FSX Simconnect installer here: http://a2asimulations.com/public/downlo ... onnect.msi
- Reboot your computer
Can you also confirm which aircraft is set to load by default in your FSX installation. It's worth noting that the Connie engines will only be running by default on startup if they are in the default start-up flight. Therefore, the fact that they aren't isn't necessarily a problem.

Thanks,
Nick

GerdD
Airman

Post by GerdD »

Nick M wrote:
GerdD wrote:Have no publicity possibilities for screenshot.
Hello Gerd,

There are some tips of posting screenshot here. As with most forums, you have to host them on an image/file sharing site and post links.

I wonder if you problem is related to SimConnect? You could try a reinstall of the SimConnect client as described below:
Lewis - A2A wrote:- Run the Microsoft DirectX installer here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/downloa ... x?id=34429
- Run the Microsoft FSX Simconnect installer here: http://a2asimulations.com/public/downlo ... onnect.msi
- Reboot your computer
Can you also confirm which aircraft is set to load by default in your FSX installation. It's worth noting that the Connie engines will only be running by default on startup if they are in the default start-up flight. Therefore, the fact that they aren't isn't necessarily a problem.

Thanks,
Nick

Hello Nick,
did the following without change in AutoStart-behaviour:
- reinstalled DirectX
- reinstalled Simconnect
- de-installed and re-installed the Connie
- made Connie as startup default

This drives me crazy..
In some cases with other software in the past, sometimes
there were problems with different languages of paths or country specific decimal characters
in OS and/or FSX. Would this be worth a thought?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

GerdD wrote:- made Connie as startup default
Thanks Gerd,

Making the Connie the startup default isn't recommended though. Instead, best to have a simple default FSX plane (I use the MS Cessna 172SP) saved within your default flight.

Not sure about the language/country specific thing. However, one thing I do recommend you try if you haven't already is (temporarily) disabling FSUIPC. To do so, just move the FSUIPC4.DLL into a new folder and restart FSX before checking if the problem persists.

Regards,
Nick

GerdD
Airman

Post by GerdD »

Nick M wrote:However, one thing I do recommend you try if you haven't already is (temporarily) disabling FSUIPC. To do so, just move the FSUIPC4.DLL into a new folder and restart FSX before checking if the problem persists.
Started with Default-747 and changed then to Connie.
FSUIPC made no difference.

GerdD
Airman

Post by GerdD »

LostSoul wrote:I'm definitely out of ideas as here all works normally on 4 installs in total (2 x FSX, 2 x P3D) on two different machines. Just as a remark: never use s saved situation for such tests. Just select the A/C and Airport from the GUI. Maybe you could post a screenshot just after a fresh loading of the Connie, with the SHIFT-F2, -F3 and -F4 panels enabled?
Link for screenshot attached.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/88qy8fwxd58jy ... e.jpg?dl=0

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the screenshot Gerd. Everything looks absolutely fine there, as far as I can see.

This seems to be a tough one to get to the bottom of. If you haven't already, could you try unplugging your GoFlight hardware throttle and then retesting the autostart (along with any other hardware assigned to engine controls)?

Cheers,
Nick

GerdD
Airman

Post by GerdD »

Nick M wrote:Thanks for the screenshot Gerd. Everything looks absolutely fine there, as far as I can see.

This seems to be a tough one to get to the bottom of. If you haven't already, could you try unplugging your GoFlight hardware throttle and then retesting the autostart (along with any other hardware assigned to engine controls)?

Cheers,
Nick
Unplugged GoFlight and replaced by internal throttle of my yoke.
No difference.
What still confuses me is the reaction on FE Panel at the moment
I press AutoStart. i.e. mixture goes to rich but fuel pump switches remain on off.
The other way arount would make more sence, wouldn´t it?
If I have "Damage on", the result is a flooted engine #1.

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

This is very odd. Try to let the Virtual FE prepare the plane and then hit autostart. The fuel pumps definetly should be on or engine start.
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

I just did a test:

Enter the aircraft and press autostart. Fuelpumps stayed on off during start. When I activated the FE he turned the fuel pumps ON. Engines kept running until I pressed "cold and dark".

Next test.

Activate FE
Wait for him to set up the systems.
Press auto start. all engines start. only thing I did was add a bit of throttle
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

GerdD
Airman

Post by GerdD »

Tomas Linnet wrote:I just did a test:

Enter the aircraft and press autostart. Fuelpumps stayed on off during start. When I activated the FE he turned the fuel pumps ON. Engines kept running until I pressed "cold and dark".

Next test.

Activate FE
Wait for him to set up the systems.
Press auto start. all engines start. only thing I did was add a bit of throttle
Thanks for the tests. Meanwhile I believe that it should work that way.
The only question is why it is not at my end. I only can bring in this discussion
the things which may not be neccessarily installed on other systems like:

- Acceleration Pack
- Milviz F4
- Goflight Throttle (already tested without it)
- FSPassengersX
- DX10SceneryFixer (already tested without it)
- Level D 767

All other things may also be on most of your Systems. (PMDG, REX, FSUIPC, NavDataPro, PFPX etc.)
New ideas are welcome. Thanks.

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

Sorry, I forgot to mention, I run FSX Boxed SP2 with registered FSUIPC,
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

GerdD
Airman

Post by GerdD »

Tomas Linnet wrote:Sorry, I forgot to mention, I run FSX Boxed SP2 with registered FSUIPC,
Anyone out there who run it with Acceleration Pack?
Thanks

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Yes me. FSX boxed with Acceleration on Windows 7 64Bit.

Main addons are almost all A2A aircraft, FTX global, OpenLC Europe and NA and AS16. My Connie starts like a charm.
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Tech Support”