No functionality behind "Auto-Start"?

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
GerdD
Airman

No functionality behind "Auto-Start"?

Post by GerdD »

Hello,
unfortunately I am not able at all to start the engines!

I have read the manual forth and back and back and forth.
Have also tried several hints from several people in this
and other forums.Have setup my FSX (incl. Acc.Pack) according
to the manual and this forum. Have passengers and fuel.
Tried different starting sequences with and without engineer´s
assistance and last but not least the so called "Auto-Start"
as well as the standard FSX "Ctrl.E".
Engines are spinning a bit and are dieing then.

This brings me to my subject: what exactly should the
"Auto-Start" button do and are there any other possibilities
to get the engines of this marvelous bird running?

Many thanks in advance.

Gerd

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: No functionality behind "Auto-Start"?

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
Well you might be trying to hard to start them , and this in turn can cause them to get flooded , if this happens , just try starting without primer , in order to clear the flooding , also outside temp/dew point play a roll in how easy or hard they are , to fire up.
ALWAYS if the eng fails to fire after two to three attempts , look in the maint hangar shift+7 to check engine conditon.
Also if useing autostart use the one in shift+3 , not the flightsim autostart.
regards alan. 8)

GerdD
Airman

Post by GerdD »

alan CXA651 wrote:Hi.
Well you might be trying to hard to start them , and this in turn can cause them to get flooded , if this happens , just try starting without primer , in order to clear the flooding , also outside temp/dew point play a roll in how easy or hard they are , to fire up.
ALWAYS if the eng fails to fire after two to three attempts , look in the maint hangar shift+7 to check engine conditon.
Also if useing autostart use the one in shift+3 , not the flightsim autostart.
regards alan. 8)
no one engine is flooted. they are all in good condition.
I want to use the "Auto-Start" button (shift+3) but this one is
not doing what it pretends. It does not start the engines!

I just want to fly and do not want to do a dissertation first!
This could come then later step by step.

Welsch
Staff Sergeant

Post by Welsch »

You seem to already have checked the maintenance hangar (Shift+7), if you see the engines in good condition. So the next thing to check would be fuel load (and oil level)... I think that would be Shift+4.
If you have both fuel and good engines, the auto-start button should work.

GerdD
Airman

Re: No functionality behind

Post by GerdD »

Welsch wrote:You seem to already have checked the maintenance hangar (Shift+7), if you see the engines in good condition. So the next thing to check would be fuel load (and oil level)... I think that would be Shift+4.
If you have both fuel and good engines, the auto-start button should work.
Well, I believe You. But that´s my problem. Fuel + Oil are good but it does not!
It´s spinning for about 10 sec + then it dies.
Auto-Mixture in FSX is unchecked.

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

Did you use the A2A fuel manager? The default FSX fuel and payload manager will not work. Just hang in there. A2A has very good support, please make sure to follow instructions closely, if in doubt don't hesitate to ask, there is no such thing as a stupid question :)
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

GerdD
Airman

Post by GerdD »

Tomas Linnet wrote:Did you use the A2A fuel manager? The default FSX fuel and payload manager will not work. Just hang in there. A2A has very good support, please make sure to follow instructions closely, if in doubt don't hesitate to ask, there is no such thing as a stupid question :)
Yes, I did. (shift+4) Cant see to much to manage there. Just to choose the load.

Perhaps it could help if someone can explain what should happen on FE Panel after
pressing "AutoStart" button.
Iám simming since FS4, so I am not a newbie and quiet familar with my system + software.
But never had such problems just starting engines.

LostSoul
Airman

Post by LostSoul »

Most probably a misconfiguration is stored by any (unknown) reason. Just delete the L049log.dat in the C:\Users\"your PC"\Documents\A2A\FSX\L049 folder and everything is reset to default state. Unfortunately this seems to be the only remedy to regain control under such conditions. The Connie will then start with all engines running. Select "auto cold & dark" state and exit. At next reload the Connie will start cold & dark and I bet it will respond normally to the auto-start function - here at least it does...

GerdD
Airman

Post by GerdD »

LostSoul wrote:Most probably a misconfiguration is stored by any (unknown) reason. Just delete the L049log.dat in the C:\Users\"your PC"\Documents\A2A\FSX\L049 folder and everything is reset to default state. Unfortunately this seems to be the only remedy to regain control under such conditions. The Connie will then start with all engines running. Select "auto cold & dark" state and exit. At next reload the Connie will start cold & dark and I bet it will respond normally to the auto-start function - here at least it does...
Deleted log-file. Unfortunately the Connie did not start with engines running.
Also the further steps did not change anything. Thanks for this anyway.

LostSoul
Airman

Post by LostSoul »

GerdD wrote:Deleted log-file. Unfortunately the Connie did not start with engines running.
That's absolutely strange. And you are sure that you deleted the correct log-file? (there are various files in that folder!)
I just recreated this situation by deleting the "L049log.dat" file and it correctly started with engines running. After selecting "Auto Cold&dark ON" on the SHIFT-3 panel and shutting down FSX and then restarting the Connie, it started with the engines shut down. Just observe, that initially it looks as if they were running, but they are dying within a few seconds and the state is cold & dark. Autostart works flawlessly thereafter. If this is not working this way on your install, then someting else must be off in a peculiar way. I can recreate the described situation any time on both my machines.

For a further test you could remove (onto a safe place) all files from the said directory (except the "axisConfig.cfg" if present) and restart. This should recreate the state after a fresh install and the engines must definitely be running as this corresponds to the default start.

GerdD
Airman

Post by GerdD »

LostSoul wrote:
GerdD wrote:Deleted log-file. Unfortunately the Connie did not start with engines running.
That's absolutely strange. And you are sure that you deleted the correct log-file? (there are various files in that folder!)
I just recreated this situation by deleting the "L049log.dat" file and it correctly started with engines running. After selecting "Auto Cold&dark ON" on the SHIFT-3 panel and shutting down FSX and then restarting the Connie, it started with the engines shut down. Just observe, that initially it looks as if they were running, but they are dying within a few seconds and the state is cold & dark. Autostart works flawlessly thereafter. If this is not working this way on your install, then someting else must be off in a peculiar way. I can recreate the described situation any time on both my machines.

For a further test you could remove (onto a safe place) all files from the said directory (except the "axisConfig.cfg" if present) and restart. This should recreate the state after a fresh install and the engines must definitely be running as this corresponds to the default start.
Absolutely sure. Deleted the newly created file in a 2. try again.
Also tried your proposal deleting all files excpt. the cfg. Same result.
Tried restarting the Connie via a saved situation as well as
first loading default Cessna. Nada.

Also made another test by deleting fsx.cfg and let it
automatically recreate. No Change.

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Do you have the automixture feature of the sim disabled? That should definitely be off. This seems likely to me if the maintenance hangar doesn't report any problems and if there is fluids in the aircraft (shift+4 menu).

Happy flying
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

GerdD
Airman

Post by GerdD »

Piper_EEWL wrote:Do you have the automixture feature of the sim disabled? That should definitely be off. This seems likely to me if the maintenance hangar doesn't report any problems and if there is fluids in the aircraft (shift+4 menu).

Happy flying
Definetely unchecked. However recognized that the mixture controls on FE Panel
opening up immediately after pressing "AutoStart". Anyway the engines are getting
not flooded cause the fuel pump switches remain off.

LostSoul
Airman

Post by LostSoul »

I'm definitely out of ideas as here all works normally on 4 installs in total (2 x FSX, 2 x P3D) on two different machines. Just as a remark: never use s saved situation for such tests. Just select the A/C and Airport from the GUI. Maybe you could post a screenshot just after a fresh loading of the Connie, with the SHIFT-F2, -F3 and -F4 panels enabled?

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Man that's a hard one!? Do you have any other A2A addons installed? If so do they work correctly?

I'm beginning to think your install might be corrupted. You're running the simulator as admin and the installation was also done as admin?

Are you running any other Addons? Maybe it's a control conflict with something else?
Last edited by Piper_EEWL on 07 Mar 2017, 05:55, edited 1 time in total.
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Tech Support”