Input config for RPM up down doesn't work suddenly

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
bobsk8
Technical Sergeant

Input config for RPM up down doesn't work suddenly

Post by bobsk8 »

I bought a helicopter for P3D and after installing it, I noticed that somehow My settings in FSUIPC got messed up. I redid everything and got it back to normal, but the only thing that doesn't work the way it did before is the up down switch for RPM when I use a joystick button to toggle the switch. It is set properly in the Connie input config, and I even redid it, but nothing happens when I hit the joystick button. I can toggle the switch using my mouse, and that works. So in FSUIPC I have set my Saitek Throttle to vary the prop pitch axis which works ok, but I liked the finer adjustment that i had by clicking the button on my joystick to set the RPM exactly. I ran the input config in admin mode too. Any suggestions?
MSFS 2020
ATC by PF3

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Input config for RPM up down doesn't work suddenly

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
Sounds like you installed a milviz helicopter , someone i know installed a jet fighter from there , and he reported all his controls where screwed up after the install .
i would check in your sim controls for any conflicts between the a2a configurator / sim / fsuipc , and if you have a means to check your controller calibration , incase thats been messed up , assuming you have not already done so.
regards alan. 8)

bobsk8
Technical Sergeant

Post by bobsk8 »

alan CXA651 wrote:Hi.
Sounds like you installed a milviz helicopter , someone i know installed a jet fighter from there , and he reported all his controls where screwed up after the install .
i would check in your sim controls for any conflicts between the a2a configurator / sim / fsuipc , and if you have a means to check your controller calibration , incase thats been messed up , assuming you have not already done so.
regards alan. 8)
Yes, that apparently was what happened after I installed the Milvis 407 heli. Had to redo everything.
MSFS 2020
ATC by PF3

bobsk8
Technical Sergeant

Post by bobsk8 »

Well, it happened again this afternoon. All of a sudden after running the config program for the Milviz 407 helicopter, my controls were all screwed up not only for the chopper but for my Connie. :evil: It changes the Throttle in FSUIPC so it moves when you moved the joystick, and it wiped out the trim setting again. I just uninstalled the copter. Not going through that again.
MSFS 2020
ATC by PF3

bobsk8
Technical Sergeant

Post by bobsk8 »

Problem solved. I got in touch with Pete Dowson, the person that created FSUIPC, and he suggested that my issue was probably caused by not disabling controls in P3D, which when you use FSUIPC, you are supposed to do. I had a couple of things that were setup in P3D controllers like t he A2A 172 trim adjust, and never changed them, and that was what was causing the conflict and for my FSUIPC settings to change when I used the 407 configurator. I redid everything in FSUIPC, disabled all P3D controls, reloaded the 407 copter , and now everything is working perfectly.
MSFS 2020
ATC by PF3

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Tech Support”