Auto Increase in RPM during cruise

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
caribpilot
Staff Sergeant

Auto Increase in RPM during cruise

Post by caribpilot »

This doesn't happen all the time, but I am curious as to why the RPM is automatically increased during the cruise portion of the flight? Each time I reduce as per the manual, it automatically increases. I disabled the FE and it still increases on its own. Also, when I lower my power and I am prompted by the FO to raise lower my RPM, I lower it and then it automatically goes back to full RPM....
M.Carter
Private Pilot

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Auto Increase in RPM during cruise

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
I have had this happen , and everytime , it is usually because of wind speed/direction , or alt change , as sperry needs constant adjustment to maintain alt , and is always increaseing/decreaseing by small amounts due to the weather .
Also the engineer is always adjusting things at the back that could also effect this in small amounts , that is what i like about this aircraft , always something to adjust , to keep everything where you need it , never a dull moment , even on long flights , like i did yesterday KBUR to PHNL over 10.5 hrs of vatsim online flight.
regards alan. 8) :lol:

CAPFlyer
A2A Aviation Consultant

Post by CAPFlyer »

caribpilot wrote:This doesn't happen all the time, but I am curious as to why the RPM is automatically increased during the cruise portion of the flight? Each time I reduce as per the manual, it automatically increases. I disabled the FE and it still increases on its own. Also, when I lower my power and I am prompted by the FO to raise lower my RPM, I lower it and then it automatically goes back to full RPM....
You have a conflicting control assignment somewhere. Make sure if you're using FSUIPC you've thoroughly scrubbed your axis assignments and look for conflicting assignments in the A2A Input Configurator and FSX Control Assignments page.

caribpilot
Staff Sergeant

Post by caribpilot »

I will take a look at FSUIPC and FSX. The A2A Config has no assignments.
M.Carter
Private Pilot

caribpilot
Staff Sergeant

Post by caribpilot »

The only solution I came up with was that the Prop control lever on my CH Yoke may have been the cause. I kept it in the off position and the RPM increase stopped.
M.Carter
Private Pilot

CAPFlyer
A2A Aviation Consultant

Post by CAPFlyer »

Interesting. If it's an older yoke, there is a possibility the potentiometer may be going bad and causing this signal. Also check your CH Configurator and make sure it's not setup with any assignments that may be causing the issue as well.

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Tech Support”