Remove the baby

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
severniae
Senior Airman

Remove the baby

Post by severniae »

Hi,

I just purchased the Connie, been looking forward to this one for a long time.

One question - Does it, as before, have the baby crying sound? It was this sound that irritated me so much that I gave up flying the B377 passenger settings.

It's just a personal preferene, I'm afraid the sound sets my teeth on edge! If it does have the 'baby crying' sound, is it possible to remove it?

Thanks,
James

severniae
Senior Airman

Re: Remove the baby

Post by severniae »

Second side question - Is it possible to have passengers specified in the load manager, but disable all the passenger sounds completely, including the announcements? I'd prefer to load and simulate the weight of passengers, but don't really want to be listening to the additional noise distractions at all... No offence intended to those who designed these, it's just my personal preference..

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Hi,

I'm afraid the Connie also has a passenger as a regular passenger. Same as in the B377. Bit you know that you can avoid the crying by reducing your decent rate!?

I don't know if the sound can be removed.

Happy flying
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

severniae
Senior Airman

Post by severniae »

Thanks for the reply Piper - I was just wondering if anyone knew how to remove the sounds... Yes know about the descent rate change thing, but sometimes I like to play and to be rewarded with the baby crying sound completely puts me off unfortunately :(

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
I cannot remember for certain , but try it with career mode off , i think that either stops or reduces these cabin noises.
regards alan . 8)

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

I don't have the Constellation or the 377 but surely you/one can locate the crybaby sound and edit it with one of many audio programs(I use Wave Editor) and reduce the volume to nothing?
Just a thought.
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Stratocruiser2
Senior Airman

Post by Stratocruiser2 »

Hi James,

My sympathies - I think I must feel a bit like that myself, as any time I descend at more than about 400ft/min I find myself on edge waiting to hear that irritating baby!! The only good thing about having it there is that the desire not to hear the baby forces me to make gentle descents which might benefit my progress in career mode!

There is a 'pk' file in the FSX/A2A/L049 folder called sounds.pk and I guess it may well contain the offending sound. The trouble is I have no idea how to open a 'pk' file to look for a baby sound but maybe someone else can help here.

Bill

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

It's not the .pk file, leave that alone! It's probably in the main L049 folder\sounds. I there you'll see loads of .wav files. Search for the one you want. The clue may well be in the name. When you find it don't be tempted to delete it or move it as the sim will probably look for it and choke if it doesn't find it.
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Stratocruiser2
Senior Airman

Post by Stratocruiser2 »

Thanks for the advice Ron - I'll leave the pk file, whatever that is, alone then!!

Bill :wink:

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Tech Support”