How to manage well the steps to set cabin pressurisation ?

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
gege21
Senior Airman

How to manage well the steps to set cabin pressurisation ?

Post by gege21 »

Hello,

I wish to know how to set step by step the cabin pressurisation when above 8000 feets and then to reset the pressurisation below 8000 feets.

Yes I know this is the FE task, but wished to know how to do if I'm planning to do it myself manually.
I looked in the manual but don't found something about that. May be I missed some part so I would like you could point me on the right page.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Gerard
P3Dv4.5/P3Dv5.3: C172R Trainer/C182/Piper Cherokee 180/Comanche 250/L049 Connie/Bonanza/J3 Cub
FSX SE : C172R Trainer/C182/Piper J3 Cub/L049 Connie

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: How to manage well the steps to set cabin pressurisation

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
Have you tried watching the engineer as he does this , to get some idea , as to the rate of change .
The items he controls is altimiter set to correct mb , max cab alt , rate of change ie climb decent rate.
regards alan. 8)

gege21
Senior Airman

Post by gege21 »

Hello dear Alan,

Thank you to have take the time to respond.

No I missed this solution to watch the FE doing this.

This setup is most likely easy I think, but I don't know what is the first step to do. I believe is to set first the climb of rate then the pressure or altimeter target altitude. But looking at the bottom panel pressurisation stuff and in the manual (I'm may be wrong if it is related in the manual) when descending it is advised to equalize the pressurisation cabin with the outside pressure i.e. reaching 8000 feet on descent. What does I do to equalize pressure cabin with outside pressure. Does this means I switch the button supercharger set to off and switch the other switch button set to manual instead auto ?

I'm a bit lost to know how to manage well manually all these buttons switch and setup properly on a climb or descent.

Cheers
Gerard
P3Dv4.5/P3Dv5.3: C172R Trainer/C182/Piper Cherokee 180/Comanche 250/L049 Connie/Bonanza/J3 Cub

Gypsy Baron
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by Gypsy Baron »

For descent, simply set the target altitude to the approximate altitude of the airport. Depending upon
the altitude rate you have set and the aircrafts rate of descent, the automatic pressure relief valve may open to equalize the cabin altitude.

In any case just setting the target altitude goal to the destination altitude will work.

Initially, set your desired cabin altitude rate of change. Typically 400 to 500 FPM. Then set
your cabin altitude goal based upon your planned cruise altitude. If less that 16 or 17,000' I would set it
to 8,000'. above those cruise altitudes I would set it to 10,000'.

Just check the Cabin Altitude and aircraft altitude readings and adjust the cabin altitude goal upwards
to keep that needle from entering the RED zone on the gauge.

Once you have started your descent, then set the altitude goal to field altitude (approximately, as the
setting is rather coarse).

Paul

gege21
Senior Airman

Post by gege21 »

Hello Gypsy Baron :)

Thank you for your advices.

In any case I have to touch the switch buttons for supercharger set to On and the other set to Auto then ?

Thanks
Cheers
Gerard

Gypsy Baron
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by Gypsy Baron »

gege21 wrote:Hello Gypsy Baron :)

Thank you for your advices.

In any case I have to touch the switch buttons for supercharger set to On and the other set to Auto then ?

Thanks
Cheers
Gerard
Correct. The two cabin supercharger switches should be on and the dump valve in Auto.

Paul

gege21
Senior Airman

Post by gege21 »

Ok many thanks Paul,

I was thinking the super charger switch buttons on the pressurisation panel had to be closed when super charger levers was to low position.

So now I'm able to do the pressure job myself. One more thing to manage when flying.

Thank you very much for your help.

To read you again if any. Have a very nice evening.

Cheers
Gerard

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Tech Support”