Lockheed Constellatation

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
LostSoul
Airman

Re: Lockheed Constellatation

Post by LostSoul »

pmesmer wrote:to lostsoul____ Thanks for all your input. This is really strange because I have several A2 aircraft and I have always installed them using the default installation without any problems. All my other aircraft have been installed the same way. I guess I'll have to go back to "square one" and give all of this some serious thought. Thanks again____ Pete Mesmer :?
Yes. I can even understand if you have concerns about this. The strange - or funny - thing is, that it is not absolutely clear, why at some installations it works absolutely normally and why on soem it does not. Even the most knowledegeable gurus have not (as far as I have seen) come up with an absolutely satisfactory explanation of this behaviour.

Fact is in any case that since Windows Vista (where UAC was introduced for home systems) the directory "\programs (x86)" is designed to hold 64-bit executables only and whenever possible no data. There have been data paths created such as "\program data" or any other path that you may design on your own. The mentioned "\programs (x86)" folder is "equipped" with special access rights. Don't ask me about details here as I'm not able to provide any :-) Nevertheless after having done many trial-and-error installations in the past I am convinced that the easiest way to overcome any such problems or mishaps is to install FSX (or in case you use Prepar3D) into its own, separate path, even better onto a separate HD or SSD. That way I never again experienced any such such oddities anymore for the last 6 or so years.

pmesmer
Senior Airman

Post by pmesmer »

Lewis_____Scott____ are you out there?? Do either of you have any thoughts about this? :roll: I'm out of ideas.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Can you please let us know the directory of your FSX Install. It does sound like you are installing to a different directory.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

pmesmer
Senior Airman

Post by pmesmer »

I bought a backup disk and installed the program using it. Once again, the computer said the program installed successfully. I opened FSX and once again, the airplane was not there. I really thought this would solve the problem but no success. TOTALLY out of ideas. :evil:

bobsk8
Technical Sergeant

Post by bobsk8 »

pmesmer wrote:I bought a backup disk and installed the program using it. Once again, the computer said the program installed successfully. I opened FSX and once again, the airplane was not there. I really thought this would solve the problem but no success. TOTALLY out of ideas. :evil:
What is the exact directory that you installed the Connie in ?
MSFS 2020
ATC by PF3

pmesmer
Senior Airman

Post by pmesmer »

I bought a backup disk hoping that it would solve the problem. I installed the program and my computer said the program installed successfully. I opened FSX and the airplane was not there. Once again, the same problem. Now I'm totally out of ideas and angry. I have been robbed of 60 bucks and I have nothing to show for it. Guess I'll have to quit buying A2A airplanes. :evil:

bobsk8
Technical Sergeant

Post by bobsk8 »

pmesmer wrote:I bought a backup disk hoping that it would solve the problem. I installed the program and my computer said the program installed successfully. I opened FSX and the airplane was not there. Once again, the same problem. Now I'm totally out of ideas and angry. I have been robbed of 60 bucks and I have nothing to show for it. Guess I'll have to quit buying A2A airplanes. :evil:
Where is you FSX installed... The exact directory...... where is the Connie installed. Do you see the Connie in the simobjects? You are expecting people to help you and you provide no information.
MSFS 2020
ATC by PF3

pmesmer
Senior Airman

Post by pmesmer »

The install directory is as follows____
C:\program files(86)\microsoft games\microsoft flight simulator X\ :)

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Pete,

Could you post a screenshot of the installation folder path and contents, the equivalent of the one 'LostSoul' posted on the previous page? It might help to provide a clue as to what the problem is here.

You can't use the forum attachment option, but instead have to host the picture on a file sharing site and post the link as described here.

Thanks,
Nick

pmesmer
Senior Airman

Post by pmesmer »

I have been trying to post a screen shot of the files all afternoon. I created a flickr account and still have no success. I have read all Nicks remarks on how to do this and right now my head is spinning. You computer gurus seem to have it all down pat but as for me___ I'm lost. :? :oops: I'm giving up for the day.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hey Pete,

I'm not too familiar with Flickr but I'm guessing once you've uploaded the screenshot(s) there should be an option somewhere to 'share' the images or 'create link'. This is the link you'll need to post here.

Without further info it's a bit hard to come up with further suggestions. One potential culprit could be antivirus software though, if you had something like Norton active when installing the Connie.

Cheers,
Nick

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

Pete,

use directupload.net to upload the screenshot and use the link provided to link it here.. just post the link, that's sufficient. The problem is that FSX is like a teeny in its puberty. There may be really minor things and it will make problems. We (and so the A2A staff too) can only help if we get what we need.

I have only read your threads over the last couple of days but I got an idea...

Have you - by any chance - ever used another installation path before on this computer and later reinstalled FSX to where it is now?

Have you ever used CCleaner?

Have you ever played around using regedit?

Are you 110% sure that you install the connie into the correct path?

Are you 110% sure that you have installed the Connie with full authority?

I know, this sounds like I thought you were stupid but it isn't meant so. I had used FSX for ages until I got P3Dv3 and I have experienced so many rediculous problems (as many here have done too).. There might be a little single mistake with your installation you don't notice but we maybe can see as we might have heard of it before...

Greets,
Marc

PS: there's definitely nothing wrong with the A2A aircraft :P

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

btw

windows has a tool called "Snipping tool". you can use it to take a screen shot of what you need (it is self explaining) and to save the picture to where you want.

Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tug002 »

Just reading this post and I remembered that I had a similar problem and it ended up that my Norton antivirus was casing part of the aircraft not to load. My fix was to shut off Norton while installing and it fixed the problem.
Hope this helps you out.

Keep smiling
Tug :)

Adam_NZ
Technical Sergeant

Post by Adam_NZ »

Postimage is another good (free) image hoster:
https://postimage.io/

Though you've given us the path to your FSX folder, you still haven't told us whether this path is correct:
C:\program files(86)\microsoft games\microsoft flight simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\WoS_L049

And you should also have:
C:\program files(86)\microsoft games\microsoft flight simulator X\A2A\L049

Adam.
--
Image--Image

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Tech Support”