Lockheed Constellatation

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: Lockheed Constellatation

Post by Oracle427 »

I'm not talking about run as administrator for the installation. I'm talking about launching the simulator using RUn As Administrator. There is a big difference as it affects the privileges used to access the files when the simulation is running. If it was installed as the administrator but you aren't running as the administrator, chances are you have permission issues.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

pmesmer
Senior Airman

Post by pmesmer »

I just launched FSX as administrator. I got a picture on my screen that was magnified and fuzzy but the airplane was not there. Had to get out of the program to get rid of the fuzzy picture. :)

GerdD
Airman

Post by GerdD »

LostSoul wrote:The default installation path into "program files (x86)" is well knowbn to produce all kinds of access problems. This is one of the main culprits whenever it comes to unpredictable behaviour of any programs.
This is one of the greatest rumours in the scene and proved by nothing. One parrots the other.
But it´s one of the best methods to have a quick reason for any problem.

I am simming since over 25 Years with different OS always with default and for no problem
this was the reason.

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

Unfortunately, I'm not sure what you are trying to describe here. It would be helpful to see screenshots that can be posted on a free hosting service such as Dropbox or Google Drive.

LostSoul
Airman

Post by LostSoul »

GerdD wrote: This is one of the greatest rumours in the scene and proved by nothing. One parrots the other.
But it´s one of the best methods to have a quick reason for any problem.

I am simming since over 25 Years with different OS always with default and for no problem
this was the reason.
Well, this problem has nothing to do with how long you are simming and not even with simming itself :D It simply has to do with the introduction of access rights for the "public" market with Vista. It has been that way in the "professional" market - so to speak - with most versions of WIN NT. Older software is just not always 100% compatible to modern OS. There is of course in most cases a workaround possible for this if you know exactly where you need to apply separate access rights. But that's usually going beyond the scope of a common user.

pmesmer
Senior Airman

Post by pmesmer »

I have some new information. I just purchased another airplane (an Alabeo PA-22 Piper Tri-Pacer) The download was normal and I installed it. My computer said the installation was successful but__AGAIN when I opened FSX the airplane was not there.
I have many Alabeo airplanes and they all fly well. They all installed normally. Now I think the problem is in my computer outside of the FSX program. I have updated all my programs and checked all my files to see if there is one of them that could be causing the problem, but so far, I have found none. Any thoughts??? :) :roll:

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

How many aircraft add-ons do you have installed? Perhaps you are reaching some limit of the engine?

LostSoul
Airman

Post by LostSoul »

Oracle427 wrote:How many aircraft add-ons do you have installed? Perhaps you are reaching some limit of the engine?
Tere is no known limit. I reached more than 130 (directories) at times and didn't run into any problems - just a heck of a time to wait until the A/C selection page in the GUI opens...

pmesmer
Senior Airman

Post by pmesmer »

Hello everyone_____ GOOD NEWS!! :D I had a professional scan done to my computer. The scan found many issues in several areas. Anyway___ I was able to install the PA-22 (it flies great) and I re-installed the Connie. It FINALLY showed up in FSX. PROBLEM SOLVED!! I want to thank everyone that pitched in to help me. :) :D :D Thanks again______Pete

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

Can you share any of the results? It would be helpful to know for others having similar trouble in the future.

pmesmer
Senior Airman

Post by pmesmer »

The scan didn't specify what the issues were. It just fixed them. It's a program called "Tech Utilities" I found it on the internet for about $30.00 :) I had to give permission for the company to take control of my computer. A technician takes control and begins a scan. While that is going on he finds all the issues and fixes them. I sat and watched as he went thru my computer. Pretty slick. The $30.00 is for a one year subscription. You have to be careful though because the tech tries to add to the subscription with programs you don't really need. The add on programs are pretty expensive. I just told him all I wanted was the original $30.00 subscription and that ended his control. With my computer back under my control I'm a happy camper. :D Hope this helps. :)

Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tug002 »

Hey there pmesmer, glad to hear that you are up and flying. :D

Keep smiling
Tug :)

pmesmer
Senior Airman

Post by pmesmer »

Hi Tug_____ yeah___ it's nice to have my simulator back and be able to fly again. A2A is the greatest! :D

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Tech Support”