AS16 ISSUES?

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
malexdu
Airman

AS16 ISSUES?

Post by malexdu »

Flying the Connie with AS16 and ASCA is fine until I get near (not in) thunderstorms and turbulence kicks in. No suprise here...but the degree of turbulence is unrealistically severe, often leading to a crash through stress damage, even though I have turned down the Wind Turbulence settings to 15 (from 100) in AS16. I wonder if AS16 turbulence settings are conflicting in some way with Accu-Sim, or is it some setting I have wrong? I have the recently updated version of AS16, but this happened with previous versions. Any help appreciated.
Simhanger
Win 11 / i9-14900K / 32mb RAM / MSFS

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: AS16 ISSUES?

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
I have ASN and some settings by default are way to severe , its not just A2A aircraft that are effected by these excessives settings , i would go through all your AS16 settings to see what needs turning down , the one you mention is definatly one that needs to be done .
regards alan. 8)

RayJay
Airman Basic

Post by RayJay »

I just installed the new AS16 + ASCA update (released today?). They added another turbulence setting too. I've only done one flight so far, but I think its much better now. I have max wind turbulence set to 30, Turbulence effect scale to 20, Enhanced turbulence False, and I left the new Random Light Chop turbulence percentage set at 25.

bobsk8
Technical Sergeant

Post by bobsk8 »

Another setting that will turn the Connie upside down on short final is wake turbulence. I set it to zero.
MSFS 2020
ATC by PF3

CAPFlyer
A2A Aviation Consultant

Post by CAPFlyer »

Also make sure you have "Enhanced Thunderstorm Updrafts/Downdrafts" or whatever it's called turned off, and I limit the drafts to +/- 500 FPM. I think they overdo the effect so that it has the "proper" reaction on jets, but on slower "large" aircraft like the Connie, it gets to be a bit much.

BTW, I've had these things reduced even before the Connie because they were overstated, the Connie just highlights the flaws in the system.

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

I agree that in general AS16 defaults seem way exaggerated at times, especially when it comes to TS cells. The severe phenomena, when they exist, are in reality rather localized, at least at my latitudes. In the weather engine, the resolution of weather appears to be low enough so that their attempts to purposely kill you extent far enough that any airport with TS in its METAR is unflyable rather often.

-Esa

malexdu
Airman

Post by malexdu »

Hi CAPflyer,

Thanks ...you hit the nail on the head. Turn off the thunderstorm turbulence settings and all is much more realistic. I have also tried in the RealAir Turbine Duke and the same unrealistically harsh turbulence setting was experianced, so this is not related to A2A. :)

Thanks again
Simhanger
Win 11 / i9-14900K / 32mb RAM / MSFS

gpadude
Airman Basic

Post by gpadude »

In P3D I had the same issues until I set my default P3D weather to "Clear Skies" and use an OEM aircraft for my default setting. P3D and AS16 apparently have issues or conflicts that this practice will avoid (it literally clears out all weather upon start up allowing for a fresh start). I'm using P3D, AS16 with ASCA. So far I've flown my A2A Connie from WA state KPWT up into Greenland, Iceland, Norway, yada yada ...today I just landed in Hanoi, Vietnam. I've flown through a myriad of weather on this trip around our rock with winds darn near making Larry moan ...he'll shut up if you hit turbulence with the right airspeed ...and the whole flight planning thing around the nasty stuff really helps too ... :D
Best of luck sir ...may your flights be as awesome as my trip around this rock has been so far ...I've got many miles left.
Scott

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

My problem was out of memory crashes about 1.5 hour or so into the flight. Tried many things. Finally, what seems to have worked is to TURN OFF the "Enhanced Turbulence" in AS16. The airplane bounced around a bit on a flight from Helena to St. Louis, but nothing like before. No moaning from the co-pilot either.

Seeya
ATB

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Tech Support”