FSX issue undocking 2D panels windows and moving them

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
gege21
Senior Airman

Re: FSX issue undocking 2D panels windows and moving them

Post by gege21 »

Hello guys :)

After some more deep tests, this glitch occur with all aircrafts either the default FSX aircrafts or the A2A one.
So that has nothing to do with the Connie in particular.

Testing with and without TIR5 enabled and running or not in background don't solve the issue.

As Mallcott stated above, it is something to do with the lost of focus on the main game when moving the 2D panel windows undocked. That happens too with default vanilla FSX aircrafts undocking the 2D panels windows. That occur even either in FSX windowed or full screen mode.
So I conclude to be a outdated FSX code or something to do with the multi task with windows in FSX.

Very sorry for this disturbance, I'm going to live with this glitch.

Thank you everyone to brought your support.

Cheers
Gerard
P3Dv4.5/P3Dv5.3: C172R Trainer/C182/Piper Cherokee 180/Comanche 250/L049 Connie/Bonanza/J3 Cub
FSX SE : C172R Trainer/C182/Piper J3 Cub/L049 Connie

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

I recall some of the issues could be to do with video card and drivers too, should you want to investigate further. I know for sure what your system setup is can affect how window and non windowed modes work etc.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

gege21
Senior Airman

Post by gege21 »

Hello Lewis,

Thanks for your recall and advice to further investigations.

I'm sure that my video card drivers are up to date and recently updated my BIOS on the motherboard but nothing have changed. All in the windows devices manager is clean. I tested also with only one monitor instead two extended desktop...to no luck.

May be I have to uninstall completely to a very clean uninstall video card drivers in case on some conflict with the old one and the most recent video drivers.

Will test some more and give a report in case of success.
Anyway thank you for your very helping advices.

Cheers
Gerard
P3Dv4.5/P3Dv5.3: C172R Trainer/C182/Piper Cherokee 180/Comanche 250/L049 Connie/Bonanza/J3 Cub

G-BJPS
Master Sergeant

Post by G-BJPS »

Hi Gerard, I had a problem like that with 2d panels and the ATC window.
Please bear in mind though that I wasn't undocking them, and I'm using FSX with the DX10 fixer.

Every time I dragged or resized a window my sim would pause and go a little blurry.
I can't remember exactly what setting it was, but it was definitely a wrong setting I had within Nvidia Inspector, so if you are using that or similar, check, check, and triple check the values and settings.

Sorry I can't remember the exact setting, but I think it may have had something to do with ssgs blurring or something?

Hope it helps.

John.
Cub. Cherokee. C182. Comanche 250. Spitfire. T-6. B-17. B377. Connie

DrumsArt
Staff Sergeant

Post by DrumsArt »

Hi Gérard,

Thank you for your video. Just saw it and guess what, I have the same "glitch" ! I would be curious to know what causes this.

Regards,
Richard Portier
MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel i7-4770K [email protected] x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB|Windows10 Pro 64|Fsx Accel|P3Dv4.5HF2|Rex|Saitek Pro Flight Yoke/Rudder/Quadrant/Switch Panel|ThrustMaster Hotas Warthog|ActiveSky P3Dv4+Asca|Mce|All A2A

gege21
Senior Airman

Post by gege21 »

Hello John :)

Sorry but I'm not using Nvidia Inspector at all. I leave Nvidia Control panel as default for FSX (overall by application controlled parameters) But I use DX10 Fixer set up to DX10 mode and 8x AA. With DX10 Fixer tool enabled, I set also Anisotropic and AA enabled in the FSX graphics options. But this issue come still in DX9 mode still using DX10 fixer but on DX9 mode.
I don't know if it is related with the DX Fixer tool and a possible wrong parameter from that.

I play FSX in windowed mode but this issue come still in full screen mode.

I just went to uninstall totally my Nvidia graphics drivers using DDU (Display Drivers Uninstaller) and revert back installing again the latest Nvidia Drivers V 378.49. No luck that's not solved the issue.

Whenever I use only one monitor over my two, the issue persist.
The issue come as soon as I clic a undocked 2D panel window and moving them. Just when moving, not when I left clic to hold them. Releasing my left mouse to leave the 2D panel to stick on his alternate place, all come normal the game run smoothness.

Thank you anyway for your report about Nvidia Inspector and trying to help me: much appreciated :wink:

Cheers
Gerard

gege21
Senior Airman

Post by gege21 »

DrumsArt wrote:Hi Gérard,

Thank you for your video. Just saw it and guess what, I have the same "glitch" ! I would be curious to know what causes this.

Regards,
Hello DrumsArt :wink:

Good to know I'm not the only one with this glitch. I'm very curious if it happens on a vanilla FSX without any addons (ORBX sceneries or Aircraft or some others third party tools).

Like you, I'm very curious what is causing this glitch. As posted above earlier, it is a lost of focus on the main window in FSX when moving the 2D panel windows.
By me that happens even with default FSX aircrafts and their 2D panels undocked/moved.

Cheers
Gerard

gege21
Senior Airman

Post by gege21 »

Hello,

Today I got a response from FSX DovetailGame support about this glitch :

"Hello,

Thankyou for this, Gerard. Unfortunately this is an issue with the core game and is technically expected behaviour- we appreciate this is frustrating however as this game belongs to Microsoft we are not in a position to fix the problem, however we will pass it on as feedback for you.
We hope in the meantime you are able to fly the aircraft despite this issue. Let us know if you would like to discuss anything else with us,

Kind Regards,
Jio Butler
Dovetail Games Support

Ticket Details"

So it is nothing to do to solve or improve this little glitch.
It has only to do with the Windows OS behaviour managing the windows or windowed stuff's focusing only on the active window and freeze or ignore the inactives windows in background.

So this subject is closed for me.

Cheers
Gerard

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Tech Support”