Aircraft "resetting" every 3 seconds

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
AdmiralV
Airman

Aircraft "resetting" every 3 seconds

Post by AdmiralV »

Hi,
I've been having some issues getting the Connie working in P3D V2.5. My aircraft seems to be resetting every few seconds, as in the engine sounds go to idle and all leavers and switches return to their state when the aircraft spawned. Making any changes in the Ctrl-3 menu just get reset after a few seconds too. Strangely, I can move the aircraft and even take off, so it seems to remember power settings, but if I try to say raise the landing gear, the wheels will stay down and the leaver will reset to the down position. I've tried reinstalling the aircraft a few times now, and it was even installed onto a fresh copy of P3D on a fresh install of Windows 10, but the error keeps persisting. Sorry if the description is a little vague, I'm just not sure how to better describe it.

Windows 10 64-bit
i5-7600k
R9 290
16 Gb ram

Artur
Staff Sergeant

Re: Aircraft "resetting" every 3 seconds

Post by Artur »

I'm not an expert here but have u tried to set up cold and dark start - ON.
Also set up ur default plane as PiperCub, or other simple one, and then switch to Connie.

AdmiralV
Airman

Post by AdmiralV »

Yes, I've tried loading a stock aircraft and turning it off. The Connie then loads in a somewhat cold and dark mode, but then just keeps reverting back to whatever state it initially loaded in. I'm not sure if it could be a bad simconnect issue as I just noticed that after installing the Commanche, it comes up with everything broken in the maintenance hanger and no way to do an overhaul.

Artur
Staff Sergeant

Post by Artur »

"somehow cold and dark mode"
When u will use option Auto C&D - ON, shown in manual page 105, then it should be not 'somehow' but fully C&D

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

AdmiralV wrote:Yes, I've tried loading a stock aircraft and turning it off. The Connie then loads in a somewhat cold and dark mode, but then just keeps reverting back to whatever state it initially loaded in. I'm not sure if it could be a bad simconnect issue as I just noticed that after installing the Commanche, it comes up with everything broken in the maintenance hanger and no way to do an overhaul.
Hello,

yes that points to simconnect being missing or corrupt. Try reinstalling simconnect and then restarting your system. Also I'd recommend running the latest Accu-sim updater.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

AdmiralV
Airman

Post by AdmiralV »

Yup, that's what it was, thanks Lewis! Seems to be working fine now. *knock on wood*

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Good stuff, annoying but FS does have a habit of destroying its own simconnect every so often.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Tech Support”