L049 Questions/Suggestions and Thanks

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
canuck
Airman

L049 Questions/Suggestions and Thanks

Post by canuck »

I wanted to get some 'findings/questions' out there, so here goes :wink: I have several A2A products, and love what you guys have done to bring some 'realism' to the fltsim experience.. I am a real world pilot [retired] and have been simming since FS4/ATP days (a long time).. The Connie/Strat are absolutely spot on!..

1-Wish that there was an ability to 'request' FE to maintain either a MP or BMEP; bouncing back and forth between panels on the climb out can create some 'interesting' issues

2-In the map [shift5], the course is tied to the 'hdg' versus 'omnibearing' associated with VOR.. this is different to the Strat.. I always think 'heading' to make 'course' good (which are both displayed).. I understand the difference between the aircraft (Strat does not have a omnibearing selector and Connie does) and the implication if I'm navigating without VOR information (to change course on the map, I would have to change omnibearing; why would I do that if I'm not using VOR).. In real world days, always used the course bar and hdg bug to supply this info (hdg to make course good).. I was thinking consistency.. Just a thought..

3-noticed that on FE panel, cowl flap tooltip info (upper and lower) for #4 does not match info displayed in 'mini-controls' [shift3]

4-Just want to confirm that a negative pitch reference (tooltip) Sperry autopilot was anticipated..

5-I have done a number of flights, where departure and arrival are across '00:00' and on every occasion, I see ships clock got to 12:60 pm and instead of 00:01 am it goes to 13:00 pm.. End up serving 'dinner' instead' of 'breakfast'..

Lastly - I wonder how difficult it would be to modify the 'shift3' interface and programming, to allow user to:

1- Input a time to serve a meal based on the 'ships clock'.. Many times a 'scheduled' flight departs earlier or later than current logic, and you have to turn off meals, because preparing happens as the wheels leave the ground or pax are still eating well into the descent/landing phase..

2-request a snack or coffee.. gets real boring with no sweet voice in your ear for hours and hours :D

Love the attention to detail great flying

Glenn Reed
Propliners Rule !!..

Gypsy Baron
A2A Master Mechanic

Re: L049 Questions/Suggestions and Thanks

Post by Gypsy Baron »

Glenn,

"3-noticed that on FE panel, cowl flap tooltip info (upper and lower) for #4 does not match info displayed in 'mini-controls' [shift3]"

That tooltip is showing the #1 engine cowl settings and has been noted to be fixed in an update.
Discovered this just after the release.

Paul

Lufthansa 380
Staff Sergeant

Post by Lufthansa 380 »

Yes, I'd also love to see some more commands for the FE. Like to perform a runup and various engine tests before takeoff etc.
I would also be nice to have the door open but request the boarding whenever you feel like it. The boarding process seems to be quite fast, even in the realistic speed setting. De-boarding speed seems just fine, though. Having the option for various PA's and some commands for the FA (like meals for the pax or crew) would be nice too. The more options and control one has the better.
I hope something in that direction can be added in an update.

CAPFlyer
A2A Aviation Consultant

Post by CAPFlyer »

canuck wrote:1-Wish that there was an ability to 'request' FE to maintain either a MP or BMEP; bouncing back and forth between panels on the climb out can create some 'interesting' issues
There's really no need to bounce back and forth. You can set the MAP during climb using the Captain's gauges just fine. A constant 32" MAP / 2300 RPM climb is the normal procedure outlined in the manual.
4-Just want to confirm that a negative pitch reference (tooltip) Sperry autopilot was anticipated..
I believe this is correct. From the limited information I've seen on the Sperry, the adjustment only really went down because "level" flight in the correct weight and power configuration would result in either a nose-level or nose-down pitch.
Lufthansa 380 wrote:Yes, I'd also love to see some more commands for the FE. Like to perform a runup and various engine tests before takeoff etc...Having the option for various PA's and some commands for the FA (like meals for the pax or crew) would be nice too. The more options and control one has the better. I hope something in that direction can be added in an update.
While this would be "nice" it's not that simple to do programmatically. As Scott said in the release video and notes - this is the largest codebase that they've done for a release. Because the crew are "living", much of what they do isn't explicitly scripted. Instead, "ranges" are given for various things to occur. Thus, if you're flying and the ship time is around lunchtime, they'll serve lunch. OTOH, if it's around breakfast, they'll serve breakfast. The time it takes to prepare, serve, consume, and clean up, also varies slightly. In the real world, it's not the Captain who specifies when meals are served. It's the head flight attendant or purser. Same here. If there's not time for meal service, you have the option to turn off meals, which also works to cut meals short if you're about to descend in the middle of a meal. Same for the crew service by the FA. She will come in occasionally during the flight and serve the crew meals and snacks similar to how a real FA would have done back then. Today the crew asks for it, but back in the 1950's, the crew was served just before or just after the cabin, depending on the flight and the airline.

I'm not saying A2A won't do it. That's their choice. I'm just wanting to make sure you guys understand that adding these features is not a small task. Much more "functionality" and A2A is basically giving you the PMDG 737NGX and FS2Crew 737 Reloaded for less than the NGX base package.

Artur
Staff Sergeant

Post by Artur »

"Because the crew are living" - Is there any activity coming from Navigator or F/O ?

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Artur.
I dont recall anything coming from the nav , but the fo certainly does interact , he gives rotation / hight / flaps / gear callouts for certain , also if betty announces a vip , the co-pilot reafirms this , dont know what else he does as yet .
regards alan.

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Tech Support”