Fuel&Engine questions

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
spesimen
Airman

Re: Fuel&Engine questions

Post by spesimen »

Artur wrote: 4. Fuel consumption given in manual for FL210 is 525 lbs/h, actual consumption is Ä…prox. 700 lbs/h ( rpm set for 2120, torque 144 PSI, free air temp. - 43C )
Why so big discrepancy ?
hey artur i was testing these values today because i'm trying to figure out why my pfpx fuel profile is not very accurate for the connie despite being based on the book values. so far the sim values and book values matched very close. i was watching this thread because i thought maybe it was a clue.

anyway i checked this specific setting today and one thing i notice is that you list 144PSI , but the power chart shows 122PSI for this altitude. i think that is the source of your discrepancy. in fact i get same numbers as you when i push to 144PSI of around 700 lbs/hr fuel burn. but at 122 PSI i get in the 525-535 range for all engines.

cheers
-andy crosby

triflyman
Senior Airman

Post by triflyman »

spesimen wrote:
Artur wrote: 4. Fuel consumption given in manual for FL210 is 525 lbs/h, actual consumption is Ä…prox. 700 lbs/h ( rpm set for 2120, torque 144 PSI, free air temp. - 43C )
Why so big discrepancy ?
hey artur i was testing these values today because i'm trying to figure out why my pfpx fuel profile is not very accurate for the connie despite being based on the book values. so far the sim values and book values matched very close. i was watching this thread because i thought maybe it was a clue.

anyway i checked this specific setting today and one thing i notice is that you list 144PSI , but the power chart shows 122PSI for this altitude. i think that is the source of your discrepancy. in fact i get same numbers as you when i push to 144PSI of around 700 lbs/hr fuel burn. but at 122 PSI i get in the 525-535 range for all engines.

cheers
-andy crosby
I just did a 4 hr flight at FL210 and the fuel flow was very close to the chart at about 525-535 range with 121 PSI (as called for in the cruise chart) on the BMEP gauge and RPM set per the chart.

Hope that helps.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

triflyman wrote:I just did a 4 hr flight at FL210 and the fuel flow was very close to the chart at about 525-535 range with 121 PSI (as called for in the cruise chart) on the BMEP gauge and RPM set per the chart.
Hope that helps.
I think Artur had the mixture in auto rich, instead of auto lean.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Tech Support”