Omni Bearing Gauge Flag / Emergencies

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
MaxZ
Senior Airman

Omni Bearing Gauge Flag / Emergencies

Post by MaxZ »

Hi everyone!
On the Omnibearing Selector I always see the warning flag of the glidepath needle. Both needles work fine but only the LOC flag disappears when LOC is alive. Any chance I am doing something wrong?

Did nine flights so far, and even though my landings always result in a clapping of the PAX, Shift+9 says my career is slipping. During, as well as after the flight, the captain apologises for problems that 'we' had; problem is I didn't notice any. Could it be that too strong turbulence is the cause, if one is too slow to put the Fasten Seatbelt Sign on? Other than that, I can not imagine what could have been a problem on my hops: Cabin Temperatures were always 21°C, cabin rate at max 500fpm, no failures, no uncoordinated turns or maneuvers of more than 25° bank.

Thank you,
Maximilian
Public service announcement: You put an aircraft in a hangar, not a hanger.

gulredrel
Master Sergeant

Re: Omni Bearing Gauge Flag / Emergencies

Post by gulredrel »

Correct for the off flag when there is a VOR or VOR/DME selected.
If you tune an ILS frequency and are in range and on approch course, you should see also the glideslope working.
(Yes, I'm far too high. This was my first flight and first approach but Edwards runway is long enough.)

Turbulence really effects the rating. Try to avoid them especially during meal service. Look for higher or lower cruise level without turbulence.
"Give me a ping, Vasili. One ping only, please."

MaxZ
Senior Airman

Post by MaxZ »

Thank's gulredrel! I lowered my settings for AS16/Turbulence Section. Seems to be working better now.
As for the GS, I had the needle working but the flag was up. Usually a reason to disregard the info when a flag shows up. Will shoot some more ILS Approaches and report back!

Thank you again!

MaxZ
Senior Airman

Post by MaxZ »

Hola!
Alrighty, did two more flights with a total of 6 ILS test approaches. Glidepath Flag is still there, altough the needle moves. There must be something I am missing...

And also the captain did another ghost-apology with no noticed in-flight problems. Turbulence options were all set to 0/off in AS16, engines ran smoothly, and the crew also didn't notice any problems.
Anyone got any clue?

Thank's,
Maximilian

Edit: Found this here on the forums:
https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewto ... 25&t=50030
Could it be that this is related to my case, since i am using the GTN650?

gulredrel
Master Sergeant

Post by gulredrel »

Maybe; I do not own one of these GPS addons and also fly without the default GPS.
"Give me a ping, Vasili. One ping only, please."

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Tech Support”