AFK Feature Suspect

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Corkery
Airman First Class

AFK Feature Suspect

Post by Corkery »

I was on a 'Career Mode' flight when I needed to leave the flight deck :-) as I was on descent I set the AFK pause on altitude and waited for the sim to pause which it duly did. I left and came back a couple of hours later to find the sim un-paused and my Connie belly flopped on the ground. I was assuming I'd be able to leave it until I un-paused the sim?
Cheers
Tony C
Rig: Intel i7 4790 @4.4Ghz 32gb 2133Mhz RAM; OS (Win 7 Prof 64); Nvidia TITAN xp and FSX + P3DV4 on SSDs.

CAPFlyer
A2A Aviation Consultant

Re: AFK Feature Suspect

Post by CAPFlyer »

After it paused, did you close the AFK window?

Corkery
Airman First Class

Post by Corkery »

CAPFlyer wrote:After it paused, did you close the AFK window?
Mmm, no I didn't. Since it paused I gave it no more thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cheers
Tony C
Rig: Intel i7 4790 @4.4Ghz 32gb 2133Mhz RAM; OS (Win 7 Prof 64); Nvidia TITAN xp and FSX + P3DV4 on SSDs.

CAPFlyer
A2A Aviation Consultant

Post by CAPFlyer »

Okay, then I don't know why it unpaused then. The AFK feature is only active when the window is open, so if it was still open, then it shouldn't have unpaused unless some external factor did so (like maybe another program causing a "hiccup" or reload of the flight situation like FSRealTime).

Corkery
Airman First Class

Post by Corkery »

OK, mystery solved! I have recently been using Fred Matias' VAS Monitor tool on a WideFS setup and had selected the option 'Auto Pause' on a VAS limit. Turns out that not only does it pause when this limit is reached but it prevents pause staying on when it is above the limit. Solution, simply uncheck 'Auto Pause' and all is well again :-)
Cheers
Tony C

CAPFlyer
A2A Aviation Consultant

Post by CAPFlyer »

Glad to hear you figured it out. Sometimes it's the seemingly innocuous stuff that catches us off guard. :)

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Tech Support”