Dcumemtation for Connie 049

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Dcumemtation for Connie 049

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Bud.
The aircraft on any download is normally good for one pc , also you cannot just zip up the connie in one pc thats installed in FSX , then transfer to the other pc , as the A2A connie puts different files in different locations , you need to run the installer on the machine you intend to use it on .
regards alan. 8)

bud
Airman

Post by bud »

Alen
Well I guess that ends that then. I will just have to run the Connie on the old box whether I like it or not. Question: If a person should have a disk crash he would then lose his plane and never be able to reload ?? Don't sound right to me, but what do I know.
Thanks for all the info.
Bud

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

If your hard disk crashes, just use the installer to install it again as with any other software.

I don't believe you are restoring an archive you created and are actually running the A2A provided installer. I know that the A2A aircraft create some files outside the FSX directories, but I don't know if they are created as part of the install our only when the software is run for the first time.

It's a strange issue...
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

bud
Airman

Post by bud »

Oracle
You are correct. I put my purchased A2A Connie zip file onto a new 8gb Thumb drive. I did the regular install on my old box with no problems at all, Well my learning curve aside. I put my thumb drive in the new box and it went through the regular install process as the original. No problems with the install at all. Now when I start FSX and select the Connie with a click, "Fly Now " , a dull grey shape of the plane appears and then the sim crashes. It is a strange case indeed.
Bud

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

Are you running acceleration or have you applied Service Packs 1 and 2 if not?

This could also be a matter of DirectX 9 not being installed on that machine. Even if you have a newer version of DirectX, version 9 must still get installed.

bud
Airman

Post by bud »

Oracle
I am running FSX Gold, which is FSX Deluxe with Acceleration. Dirext12 . No need for SP1/Sp2. I checked on the web and found that you can have both Directx9 and 12 on the same computer. I downloaded a stand alone copy of Drectx9 and did the install. No joy. Same old problem, FSX crashes.
Bud

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Which Dx9 did you install, was it the latest from MS?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

bud
Airman

Post by bud »

Lewis
I have been wanting to get back to you on this but somehow I could not login. I hope that is past now.

Just wanted to let you all know that I now have the Connine up and running on both boxes. GREAT ! Question : Every time I bring up the Connie all engines are running ?? How does the Magnetic Bearing indicator on the pilots panel work ?? Is this the right place to air my questions ??
Thanks for all your help.

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Bud.
I have done some basic training videos , i also believe if you google the info , some others have also made traing videos on navigation , for this aircraft.

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 33&t=58003

regards alan. 8)

bud
Airman

Post by bud »

Look some one out there must know some simple way to start the dim engines ! I had them running, don't know how, did a short two hour flight and returned to KMCO. There I shut down by the book. Now I can not start the engines again.
Come on give a poor slob like me some help on this. It is really dumb that the CTL+E will not start them either.
bud

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

forget ctrl-E what about the in built auto start under the shift + 3 panel.

What is your default flight also, is it cold and dark is it with a default aircraft?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

bud
Airman

Post by bud »

Lewis
Why would I forget CTL+E for starting ? All my other planes work with that OK.
What are the system/FSX requirements for this Connie? Does default mean the FSX out-of the-box default, hang glider at Fridays Harbor? I fly my Douglas C117 D a lot and have that set up as my default located at my airport 55J Florida. This comes up on FSX start up. Then I switch to the Connie. This plane must have some weird requirements that are hidden.
bud

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Bud.
MIN REQ any one of the following.
1/ FSX SE
2/ FSX+SP1+SP2
3/ FSX+ACCELERATION
4/ P3D
Also today i did a flight from KASE to KBUR on VATSIM , and i had one hell of a time coaxing them into life , due to the extreme temps of -7 and dew point of -13 , this is a very important factor during startup , as to how easy or hard they are to start , did you look at my training videos which show the starting of these engs , and if you did , did you notice how they started , and that was in good conditions , main thing with the connie is dont give up , practice makes perfect .
Also did you look in the hangar at the engine condition shift+7 , you may have flooded them , if they are flooded then dont use primer on next start attempt.
regards alan. 8)

bud
Airman

Post by bud »

Lewis
Yes I have tried the Auto Start and it will not work either.

Alan
Yes I have viewed yours and many others on the web on Connie engine start till I am blue in the face. Only difference in all of them is the timing on the switches. Cold starts are not an issue here in sunny Florida. I will give it another go this afternoon to check to se if I flood the dim things.
Look I am only 92 and don't have time to be working this hard just enjoy my flight sim.

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

As Lana suggested, please check the maintenance hangar (shift-7), the engines may have been damaged and require an overhaul. This has caught a number of people out.

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Tech Support”