Dcumemtation for Connie 049

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
bud
Airman

Dcumemtation for Connie 049

Post by bud »

This plane must have some kind of documentation some where. There is just too much there not to have some kind of help.
If I can not get any answers I will junk it.
Bud

bobsk8
Technical Sergeant

Re: Dcumemtation for Connie 049

Post by bobsk8 »

bud wrote:This plane must have some kind of documentation some where. There is just too much there not to have some kind of help.
If I can not get any answers I will junk it.
Bud
Have you looked in the A2A folder under All programs, and then the Captain of the Ship folder and then the COTS Pilot Manual PDF?
MSFS 2020
ATC by PF3

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
before you can get proper answer , you need to give some details , so people can help you better .
on my system win 7 goto taskbar \ all programs \ A2A simulations \ captain of the ship L049 Connie \here you will find 3 items top to bottom you have:-
COTS L049 Pilots Manual FSX yours might be P3D
L049 Aircraft Configurator this is where you can configure nav aides
L049 Input Configurator this is where you can set certain controls
regards alan. 8)

CAPFlyer
A2A Aviation Consultant

Post by CAPFlyer »

Alternately, you can download the manuals from right here on the forum. The thread is pinned in the Lockheed Model 049 Constellation section, or you can follow this link - http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 33&t=57110

bud
Airman

Post by bud »

OK OK I am sorry I did not know about All Programs having what I needed. I am only 91 so it was a senior moment.
Thanks for the good info
Bud

bobsk8
Technical Sergeant

Post by bobsk8 »

bud wrote:OK OK I am sorry I did not know about All Programs having what I needed. I am only 91 so it was a senior moment.
Thanks for the good info
Bud
Damn, 91, I am a kid next to you ( 76). Good to see you are into simming, it will keep you sharp......
MSFS 2020
ATC by PF3

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

I see the guys have you sorted but welcome to the forums!

Any questions please do just create a new post in the relevant forum area you'll find all sorts of hints and tips and much more already posted too.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

bud
Airman

Post by bud »

Thank you all for all the help. One more question. The manual shows all the panels in a straight in view. Beautiful to say the least. As an old (as in dirt) USN flight engineer I am very interested in the FE panels. Is there a way to get to view them as shown in the manual??
Bud

Mazo
Technical Sergeant

Post by Mazo »

Bud,
Press the "a" key and it will cycle through the various views, including the FE view. Repeatedly pressing the "a" key will return you to the main cockpit view.

The FE panel is very impressive to say the least!

Hope this helps.
[*]2021 Jetline Systems GTX, [email protected], EVGA RTX 3080ti 12GB, 64GB Memory 3200MHz, Win11 64 Pro, P3DV5.3, FS2020

In memory of my fallen Brothers in Arms in Viet Nam - may they Rest in Peace.

Gypsy Baron
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by Gypsy Baron »

Bud,

You can also set up a key combo or switch to go to that view directly. I'll post details here a bit later. I need to get out to the grocery store and restock the fridge!

Oh, and welcome to the forums and the A@A Connie, Bud.

What aircraft did you fly on as FE back in your Navy days?

I spent 2 6-month tours in Vietnam crewing on the NC121J's of OASU/VX-8 back in '66 and '67..
I was 'in the back' but did get to hang out up front when flying to and from our mission area. Our FE
even let me, an ET, fire up the aircraft prior to one of our missions. :)

The sounds of the A2A Connie at takeoff power while I hold her back with the brakes sure brings back memories!

Paul

Gypsy Baron
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by Gypsy Baron »

OK, back from the market.

Bud,

Here is how you can switch to the FE view immediately without having to "A" through the views.

Open your "WoS_L049" Aircraft.cfg file in a text editor. That cfg file is located in that folder root.
Unless you have your system set to NOT "Hide extensions of known file types" (box unchecked)
in the Control Panel, Folder Options, View you may not see the "cfg" but only a file named "Aircraft.

Open that file for editing.

Scroll down to the entry for the FE view which begins with:
[CameraDefinition.002]
Title = "Flight Engineer"

After the last line in that block "InitialPbh=8, 0, 90.0" add the following line:
HotKeySelect=6

Save the file. Make sure it doesn't wind up as "Aircraft.cfg.txt" as Notepad tends to do sometimes.

Now, in FSX main menu go to "Settings", "Controls", Buttons/Keys tab.
Set the "Event category:" to "Views"
Scroll down to the very end and find the entry:
"View camera 6 (select)". Click on it to highlight it then press the "New Assignment" button.

Enter either the key or combination of keys you want to use or press the Controller switch/button
you wish to use.

Hit "OK" and you are done. You can assign other CameraDefinition views to other keys/switches/buttons
as well by simply adding the "HotKeySelect=" statement to the view definition and then use the same numbered
View select in the Controls menu.

I use the 2nd hat switch on my X-45 stick to switch views. Left seat (default F9), right seat, FE and navigator.

A flick of my thumb moves me around the cockpit. Very convenient when you are both pilot and FE!

Paul

bud
Airman

Post by bud »

Man you people are the greatest. Again many thanks for all the info.
I was in VP-21 squadron flying PBY-3's at Pearl Harbor. After the blitz I was transferred to VP-45 and we were flying PBY_5A's. I still fly (in the sim) our old 44-P-4 bird.
Bud

Gypsy Baron
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by Gypsy Baron »

bud wrote:Man you people are the greatest. Again many thanks for all the info.
I was in VP-21 squadron flying PBY-3's at Pearl Harbor. After the blitz I was transferred to VP-45 and we were flying PBY_5A's. I still fly (in the sim) our old 44-P-4 bird.
Bud
That must have been quite an experience! I visit Pearl Harbor once a year during my little
'vacations' on Waikiki. The Pacific Aviation Museum has some interesting exhibits. I've recently
seen the PBY at the Air & Space Udvar-Hazy site out by Dulles and also a Canadian Vickers
PBY-5A (Canso) at the Imperial War Museum, Duxford. Quite an impressive aircraft and certainly
earned a place in history saving many lives of downed pilots!

I belong to the virtual 91st Bombardment Group and although our primary aircraft is the A2A B-17G,
I've flown the PBY-5 in the sim as part of some extra missions I have flown online with the 91st.
I do enjoy the old radial engine aircraft and glad that A2A has made several 'available' today :)
Paul
i7-4790K @4.4Ghz OC - ASUS Z97-A- 16GB Corsair 1600mHz - GTX 760 2GB
240GB + 500GB EVO SSD's - 2x500GB and 1x2TB WD Black 7200 RPM drives

bud
Airman

Post by bud »

I am still having problems with this bird. I try to start the engines when I bring up the plane. I try the Ctl+E and they all try to start. But now number #2 dies. No go. I have studied the manual but things are not together to show a clear cut way to start engines. I know I am dumb but not stupid. The check sheet says to put the landing gear lever in the OFF position, I can't even find the thing. Help
bud

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Bud.
Landing gear lever is on the rear part of pedestal on the co-pilots side , right of aileron trim .
If it helps any , i have done some basic training videos , please feel free to view .

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 33&t=58003

regards alan. 8)

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Tech Support”