Dcumemtation for Connie 049

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Dcumemtation for Connie 049

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

make sure the engines are all in working order in the maintenance hangar, then check the fuel etc in the payload manager. You can then use the shift + 3 panel to auto start.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

bud
Airman

Post by bud »

Alan CXA651
When I have been up to it I have been trying to start the dim engines again. No joy at all.
I have tried to follow the video clips you posted as faithfully as possible. The 5 seconds on the switches as shown but the engines do not even turn over at all. Fuel full oil full . Ignition ON. Throttles set. It seems that some thing else has to be on for them to turn over and fire off. Too bad the CTL+E will not work either. Just dead in the water. I bought this plane and hate to give up on it. Any suggestions ?
Bud

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Bud.
Are you doing everything on startup yourself , or letting the engineer do is pre startup checks prior to you attempting to start them.
regards alan. 8)

bud
Airman

Post by bud »

Good morning Alan
In following the video clip I have been going through the motions myself. Is the engineer supposed to do it all ? I am not doing things right because the engines will not even turn over, they do not move a bit. Help
Bud

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Bud.
on shift+3 select gpu on , confirmed on engineers panel with volt meter and gpu light , select batt on on either shift+3 panel or on the top of engineers panel .
Then on shift+3 panel hit the FE STATION button , let engineer finish all is checks , he will inform you when these are done .
Then try starting your engines .
regards alan. 8)

bud
Airman

Post by bud »

Well I have a real good one for all you experts. I have a problem, no I am the problem, with this A2A Connie. Need a bit of back ground for this to be clear about the problem. I have two computers, a New one #1 , running Win 10 Pro and second old computer #2 running Win 10 Home. I fly all most all sim flights on #1, faster and better resources. I use #2 for development , testing add-ons and trying out new planes. When I have something that works well I move the product to #1 for flight. After all the kind help I have received on the forum I have the Connie running well , flyable on the #2 box. I then did an install of this bird on the new #1 box. Guess what, I set up everything as in the old box but can not start the engines !!! Back to square one ????

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

two computers are never the same so unless you have the exact same hardware in both machines theres no real point in trying on one and then moving to another.

Ctrl -E you say doesnt work which means its a sim issue. What about the auto start included with the aircraft under the shift + 3 menu?

Are all fluid loaded under the included connie fuel and payload manager?

How are you loading the aircraft into the sim?

What other add-ons are you using?

bud
Airman

Post by bud »

Hello Lewis
Thank you for your response. First off, I have made several OS upgrades and had to reload all from the older boxes. Back when I installed Win 10 Pro on my new box, it wiped out everything also and I had to reload from scratch. Nothing unusual about that, right. As always since about 2004 I have moved my entire hanger from one box to the other a number of times. I have moved three plane from the current old box to the new box recently. Of course there were a few minor glitches along the way. I guess I have moved 10-20 planes individually from one box to the other, no real problems. Now the new Connie ?? Full fuel , oil loads, all engines good.
With battery on, ignition on, throttles set 10%, mixture on ,fuel pumps on, CTL+E. No #1 turns over but never fires off. End of that, no more action. GPU on and off same results.
Auto Start,SFT+3, same results. No #1 rolls but not firing. Manual start from ME station, 10 seconds inertia, 5-seconds prime, engage. NO joy again they turn over but never fire off.
I only have several OBRX scenery packages installed.
Strange to say the least. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Bud

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

are you all updated with the latest Accu-sim updater?

How are you moving the aircraft over, are you not running the installer?

How are you loading the aircraft?

What is your default flight in the sim?

thanks,
Lewis

bud
Airman

Post by bud »

Hi Lewis
I have no knowledge of a Accu Updater so I am behind the curve on this one.
I did a complete new install, did not use just a move.
Defult plane is my Douglas C-117D, Super DC3
Bud

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Bud,

your default flight should ideally be a default aircraft at a default location.

The Accu-sim updater is here;
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 34&t=57819

thanks,
Lewis

bud
Airman

Post by bud »

Lewis
The Accu-sim updater lists a lot of other planes but not the Connie ??? Not much help there. I wonder if there is any way to get my money back. I am tired of fooling with this thing. Cannot contact the company, why I wonder.
bud

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

You are talking to the company representative right here (Lewis).

There is no update specifically for the Constellation just yet, but there are a number of shared components that get updated and I am going to go on a limb here and say that the Connie may depend on the shared components. It's worth running the update as suggested.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Bud.
If the engines are turning , but not fireing , then you are doing something wrong , IE, ign , is the master ign on as well as the 4 engine igns to both , are you flooding the engines , do you have the mixtures on during start , as this will cause flooding , these should only be turned on after the engine fires using primer .
Are you doing everything , or letting the engineer set everything up prior to starting , if you are doing everything , then you are forgetting to switch something on like booster pumps .
While you get used to this aircraft , i suggest you let the engineer set everything up , when he tells you everything is ready , which is shortly after he does the oil check , then you can go through the startup proceedure.
regards alan. 8)

bud
Airman

Post by bud »

Hey Guys
I have the Connie running fine now. :lol: Pilot error all right. It fly's real nice but I have a large learning curve here. I am a little old and my hearing is not good so all the voices don't do much for me. I have it running on my old computer and now wish to install it on my new box. I have the zip file loaded into a separate folder, extracted all and proceeded with the regular install as I did originally on the old box. The plane is in the Sim Objects folder as it should be but when starting FSX the plane is there for selection ok. If I select the Connie it starts to bring the plane up but then crashes the sim. I am running the new box ,Win 10 Pro 64 bit. if that makes any difference. Guess I will just have to fly this bird on the old box, shoot ! Thought: Is this download only good for one install ???
Bud

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Tech Support”