Throttle controls

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Throttle controls

Post by Nick - A2A »

B-17 Flier wrote:I can't get that Shift 8 to work n matter how I try. I don't understand it. I tried every configuration I could.
Paul - there was some discussion of this subject in this thread. Basically, you need to assign any hardware throttle axis/axes using either the basic 'throttle' function in the host sim or FSUIPC (i.e. not 'throttle 1', 'throttle 2' etc,); or, if using dual throttles, use the axis functions for left and right engines in the A2A input configurator.

Of course, these don't affect mouse operation of the throttles.

Cheers,
Nick

B-17 Flier
Technical Sergeant

Post by B-17 Flier »

Nick M wrote:
B-17 Flier wrote:I can't get that Shift 8 to work n matter how I try. I don't understand it. I tried every configuration I could.
Paul - there was some discussion of this subject in this thread. Basically, you need to assign any hardware throttle axis/axes using either the basic 'throttle' function in the host sim or FSUIPC (i.e. not 'throttle 1', 'throttle 2' etc,); or, if using dual throttles, use the axis functions for left and right engines in the A2A input configurator.

Of course, these don't affect mouse operation of the throttles.

Cheers,
Nick
I'm very confused now Nick.
So I CAN use these four boxes WITHOUT FSUIPC but WITH the input configurator? So if I get this correctly, the input configurator is directly coupled to the Shift 8 screen?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You can use them with FSUIPC too, provided you only use the basic 'thottle' assignment (i.e. for 1 hardware throttle). If you've got dual throttles and use 'throttle 1' and 'throttle 2', the shift 8 screen won't work. The solution in this case is to use the axis assignments for left and right engines in the A2A input configurator.

Hope that clarifies it a bit. :)
Nick

B-17 Flier
Technical Sergeant

Post by B-17 Flier »

Nick M wrote:You can use them with FSUIPC too, provided you only use the basic 'thottle' assignment (i.e. for 1 hardware throttle). If you've got dual throttles and use 'throttle 1' and 'throttle 2', the shift 8 screen won't work. The solution in this case is to use the axis assignments for left and right engines in the A2A input configurator.

Nick
Actually Nick, it makes it work. Maybe I'm just stoopid!

Let's leave that wretched FSUIPC out of the equation.

IF I use the A2A Input Configurator (despite ALL my flight controls being set up inside P3D) I can THEN use the Shift 8 feature?

Also, like I asked before, how in the world does the input configurator override the P3D Controls section?

Show me as a very frustrated customer. I wish there was something in the manual, believe me I looked.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

B-17 Flier wrote:IF I use the A2A Input Configurator (despite ALL my flight controls being set up inside P3D) I can THEN use the Shift 8 feature?
Yes, if you've got 2 hardware throttles. If you've just got the one, the input configurator axis assignment isn't needed.
B-17 Flier wrote:Also, like I asked before, how in the world does the input configurator override the P3D Controls section?
That's a question for the devs, but it's a very good feature as it means you shouldn't have to change any of your existing settings in the host sim.

Nick

dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by dvm »

B-17 Flier wrote:
Nick M wrote:You can use them with FSUIPC too, provided you only use the basic 'thottle' assignment (i.e. for 1 hardware throttle). If you've got dual throttles and use 'throttle 1' and 'throttle 2', the shift 8 screen won't work. The solution in this case is to use the axis assignments for left and right engines in the A2A input configurator.

Nick
Actually Nick, it makes it work. Maybe I'm just stoopid!

Let's leave that wretched FSUIPC out of the equation.

IF I use the A2A Input Configurator (despite ALL my flight controls being set up inside P3D) I can THEN use the Shift 8 feature?

Also, like I asked before, how in the world does the input configurator override the P3D Controls section?

Show me as a very frustrated customer. I wish there was something in the manual, believe me I looked.
In my experience Only the commands that you program in the A2A configurator will take precedence over the other commands you have programmed elsewhere. For this reason there is no disadvantage to using the A2A configurator. I use the A2A configurator, FSUIPC and the FSX configurator together in my setup without issue.

B-17 Flier
Technical Sergeant

Post by B-17 Flier »

Ok, let me ask it this way.
1. I have P3D not FSX.
2. I will never under any circumstances use FSUIPC.
3. So the A2A configurator will not change my Prepar 3D flight control settings.
4. So I CAN use JUST the A2A configurator and it will control my Saitek gear but NOT in any way modify Prepared?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

B-17 Flier wrote:1. I have P3D not FSX.
Okay
B-17 Flier wrote:2. I will never under any circumstances use FSUIPC.
Never say 'never'! :wink:
B-17 Flier wrote:3. So the A2A configurator will not change my Prepar 3D flight control settings.
Correct - it will not.
B-17 Flier wrote:4. So I CAN use JUST the A2A configurator and it will control my Saitek gear but NOT in any way modify Prepared?
Correct. P3D control setting will remain unchanged: the input configurator assignments will only affect the Connie when it's loaded.

Nick

B-17 Flier
Technical Sergeant

Post by B-17 Flier »

Thanks Nick!

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Tech Support”