Sinking nose wheel

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Sinking nose wheel

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi cbramkamp .
No one else has reported this as yet , and the mod i did should not be the cause , what sim are you using , and exactly when does this problem occur , is it on finals and if so what is your alt , also are you trying to land the connie on all 3 undercarragies at same time , if so that would cause a crash , as the nose wheel cannot take that sort of punishment .
The other question is , did you follow the instructions correctly , as an incorrect install could also cause problems , hence the reason i said make a copy of the .cfg file , so it could be put back as it was if the mod did not work for you.
regards alan. 8)

cbramkamp
Senior Airman

Post by cbramkamp »

Hi Alan,
FSX Acc. Can´t estimate a fix zone, but i expect around 150ft above ground (in case there is a fance or something else on shirt final).
As this problem (at least it´s not a big deal at all) occures with the L049 only, i thought this is the right place to start research.

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi cbramkamp.
My mod to the nose gear would not cause a crash at that alt , i have FSX : ACCELERATION , and i tested it on my aircraft and system prior to posting it here , at that sort of alt , i would say its a hidden scenery object collision , i have the collisions in FSX turned off as i fly on line , and there is a few hidden objects on different airports that cause these problems , but even with collisions in FSX turned off i still can damage a2a accu sim aircraft if i abuse them , i would check at other airports , to see what results you get , if its a consistant problem , and if its only happened since you did my mod ,you should recheck the mod for any mistakes you might have done in that part of the .cfg file , and if worst comes to worst put your original backup cfg file back in.
regards alan. 8)

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Tech Support”