Lockheed Constellatation

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
pmesmer
Senior Airman

Lockheed Constellatation

Post by pmesmer »

I am having installation problems with the Connie. I install the program and my computer says the installation was successful. When I open FSX, the airplane is not there. I have updated all my A2A aircraft but the Connie was not in the list. :roll:

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Lockheed Constellatation

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

are you installing to the correct location?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

pmesmer
Senior Airman

Post by pmesmer »

Hi Lewis_____ Yes___ I'm installing to the right location. :D

LostSoul
Airman

Post by LostSoul »

pmesmer wrote:I am having installation problems with the Connie. I install the program and my computer says the installation was successful. When I open FSX, the airplane is not there. I have updated all my A2A aircraft but the Connie was not in the list. :roll:
I'm not sure what you mean by the message "I have updated all my A2A aircraft but the Connie was not in the list". The newest A2A updater does NOT update the Connie. So there's no reference to the Connie in the updater.

Have you checked your FSX install for the presence of the Connie folder? It must be there: "Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\WoS_L049". If not then there's something amiss with your installation. Best thing would be to check the installation path in the installer window before actually installing. It should be shown just prior to the installation process.

pmesmer
Senior Airman

Post by pmesmer »

I reinstalled the program to make sure it was going to the right location. Everything looked good. Opened FSX and got the same result. No airplane. :cry:

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
Is your FSX upto the correct sp1+2 or acceleration , as thats the min requirement.
Also do you have dx10 preview ticked , if you have this ticked but dont have dx10 fixer installed then untick and restart FSX.
Also i am assuming you have the box ticked to show all variants.
And on my FSX its not in the Lockheed area , but comes under A2A L049 connie near the top of the selections , just incase you scrolled down to far and missed it.
regards alan. 8)

pmesmer
Senior Airman

Post by pmesmer »

I checked the installation folder for the Connie and the Wos_L049 was there :?

pmesmer
Senior Airman

Post by pmesmer »

Hi Alan____ My FSX is up to date. I have to have the airplane in FSX to make the selections you recommend. It's not there. :?
I'd sure like to have it in my hangar. :)

rcoultas
Airman First Class

Lockheed Constellatation

Post by rcoultas »

Not to sound patronizing, but do you have the "show all variants" (or something similar...I can't remember exactly in fsx). box checked on the aircraft selection page?

Edit: sorry, I see this was already mentioned above. I hope you find your lost Connie!
Cheers,
Randall

LostSoul
Airman

Post by LostSoul »

Please check whether the contents of the Connie folder look like this (apart from various additional textures):

There must be a valid aircraft.cfg which is used to display the thumbnails in the start GUI. If everything is present then there must be a considerable problem with access rights in your installation.

pmesmer
Senior Airman

Post by pmesmer »

T0 Lost soul___Everything in my Connie folder looks exactly like what you have on your screen. Everything is present. :?

LostSoul
Airman

Post by LostSoul »

pmesmer wrote:T0 Lost soul___Everything in my Connie folder looks exactly like what you have on your screen. Everything is present. :?
- What is your platform (OS)?
- In case of Windows what is your UA setting?
- What is your installation path for FSX?
- Did you run the installer with rightclick (open as admin)?
- Did you modify anything in your aircraft.cfg? (possibly added a new livery?)

pmesmer
Senior Airman

Post by pmesmer »

to lostsoul____ I offer the following. computer_ ACER. Windows 7 premium, Model Predator G3610, Processor_ intel(R) Core (TM) i7-2600 cpu @ 3.40 GHZ. 3.40 GHZ. RAM- 8.00 GB. System Type-64 bit operating system.
Installation path for FSX- C:\program files (x86)\microsoft games\microsoft flight simulator X.
I have not modified anything in my aircraft cfg.
I am the system administrator and all installations are made as such. :)

LostSoul
Airman

Post by LostSoul »

pmesmer wrote: Installation path for FSX- C:\program files (x86)\microsoft games\microsoft flight simulator X
This is certainly one of the culprits. Using the default installation path for FSX is something that should be avoided by all means when using Win Vista or later. In any case you need to disable UA settings, run FSX itself as administrator and ALWAYS install any AddOn with the rightclick (run as admin) option. Everything else is prone to unpredictable results. The default installation path into "program files (x86)" is well knowbn to produce all kinds of access problems. This is one of the main culprits whenever it comes to unpredictable behaviour of any programs.

pmesmer
Senior Airman

Post by pmesmer »

to lostsoul____ Thanks for all your input. This is really strange because I have several A2 aircraft and I have always installed them using the default installation without any problems. All my other aircraft have been installed the same way. I guess I'll have to go back to "square one" and give all of this some serious thought. Thanks again____ Pete Mesmer :?

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Tech Support”